Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi

Have a look at the resort reports HERE and HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi we have been to both resorts and of the two we preferred Torrie as we felt there was more to do and at night the whole area from the front all the way to San Miguel where the shops, bars etc are came alive. We liked the Marina in Benalmadena but felt once you had been around it a couple of times that was enough so really one visit during the day and then another in the evening is sufficient. The train service is really good and easy to get to in Torrie and from there you can visit quite a few places very easily and cheaply. We stayed at the hotel Sol Do Pedro in Torrie which is part of a 3 hotel group with plenty to do and very nice surroundings. In Benalmadena we stayed at the hotel Bali and although anice hotel we felt it was more suited to families and as a couple we felt overwhelmed by the amount of children running around ALL night!
Good luck on your choice and I am sure whichever resort you eventually decide on you will have a great holiday!
Cheers!

Tony
Thanks tonyp.
Heard the hotel Bali is verygood off a few people (all with children) so it sounds good to me.
Does the hotel you stayed in have a kids club or is it more for couples?
You can read Tony's review (and others) of the Bali hotel HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi Again.

The hotel we stayed in sol don pedro I dont think did have a kids club but I am sure the larger sister hotel next door did the hotel sol don pablo, and no doubt it was for all 3 hotels use as everything else was. The hotel bali on the other hand was aimed at families so had everything they could wish for!! I did not hear one complaint from families who were there and the hotel certainly seemed used to and all geared up for them so if its that sort of holiday you need then you really wont go far wrong with the Bali.

TonyP
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.