Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hiya debbie1

WE went to Torremilinos in February of this year and had never been before at all :)

Like you we like to be away from all the noise of the pubs and clubs late in an evening. The hotel we stayed in was a two minute walk to the sea front with a few shops, bars, cafes and restaurants along the way to the main tourist area for al the pubs and shops. In general it took about fifteen to twenty minutes to walk into the main area but it is a lovely walk. Also right outside our hotel was a bus stop, and that took you straight into the centre for a grand total of two euros return :tup

We were AI in our hotel, but that did not stop us going out practically every night to sample the different beers, wines and sangrias in the bars etc. We enjoyed it so much that we have booked to go back next February. Now what you also have to bear in mind is that the time of year we went not all of the bars and things were open, but from Easter onwards it is totally different!

Wherever you choose I am sure you will have a great time :wave:
hi debbie i am the same not sure where to go. What was the name of the hotel you stayed in and was it a good one thanks Margaret
Can I recommend you stay in La Carihuela? It's my preferred choice and although it's classed as Torremolinos, it's between Torre main centre and benalmadena so you'll have the best of both worlds. If you enjoy walking, La Carihuela is the ideal place to stay as a flat walk along the prom in either direction will get you to both resorts. la Carihuela itself has plenty to offer in terms of bars and restaurants and a lovely beach. i don't think you could go wrong.

We're off to la Carihuela for our third visit next easter.
Hi. We stayed in Hotel Costa Luca Lago. Is All Inclusive as well :tup

We are going back to the same hotel again in February 2010-cannot wait :)
Shirley - my vote would be for La Carrihuela as well - slap bang in between the two resorts, but a complete resort on it's own. Plenty of shops, pubs, restaurants, within easy walking distance of Benalmedena and Torremolinos, and miles of flat walking on the front - would get my vote every time :tup
Hi Debbie i fancy the Luca costa but the reviews i have read say it is for old people. I have a 13 year old son is there stuff for him to do thanks Margaret
In a straight choice between Benalmadena and Torremolinos, I would always pick Benalmadena as I feel it has more to offer overall. However, the suggestion of La Carihuela is a good compromise, meaning you could walk into either resoirt quite easily during the day and it would be a short bus or taxi ride if returning late at night.
Hi maghs

Sorry for not replying sooner. When we went this year our daughters were 14 and 15. Granted there is not a huge amount for them to do in the hotel, but we went out nearly every evening and would spend the last hour or so in the hotel bar, lounge area. They did take there ipods, and Nintendo DS. They have no qualms about going back again in Feb 2012 :tup
We are staying at the Luca Lago for two weeks in February 2012 having been there in Feb this year. I suppose we are classed as "old" but it does not stop us letting our hair down (I still have some). I am always careful when I suggest particular hotels to anyone as we all have different views but we have reached the stage where we don't want any surprises. We do choose to go back to the hotels we find friendly and the food to our taste. It is clean with a mixed clientele and there were people with young families there in Feb this year with plenty of young couples. Location suits us as we like to get out and about during the day yet have somewhere comfortable at night to relax.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.