Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Transfer Q&A's
21 Posts
Aslemma,

If they just go to PEK, wouldn't you still be better off doing the transfer to PEK, and then take a cab to Sousse?
That's certainly an option Souad but I'll wait until I've spoken to them as I need to know what they are charging. I've checked the train timetable and may use that, though I'll have to get a taxi from the airport to the station at Tunis.
I have just taken a look at the transfer options from Monastir to PEK with Transfers4u and they seem resonable, Shuttle coach return for 2 persons = £7.88 or private transfers = £26.08, I am happy with that :tup
I've checked them out too and they are actually cheaper than the previous ones. It does seem strange though that they apparently don't go to Sousse. I've contacted the company but haven't had a reply yet.
i have looked at the web site and they are def giving the option for sousse a am about to bool my transfer to pek in april
Reading that, I've just had another look myself and although it shows transfers to Sousse from Monastir, they are still not showing from Tunis, which is where I'm flying in to. If I fly into Monastir I usually just get a taxi. They have still not replied to my e-mail either, but I'll probably phone them nearer the time to check and I'm sure we'll all keep eachother posted on here. I can obviously use the transfer as far as the Sinbad and then get a taxi from there.
Hi

There are 9 of us traveling to Skanes in Feb. I have spent ages looking at reviews for transfers from the airport to the hotel and they all seem to conflict. I know the cheapest would be to take a local taxi, but with 9 in the party we don't fancy the hassle on arrival. Can anyone recommend a company?

Also, we would like to take a trip into the Sahara, the only comany we can find are TunisiaFirst, does anyone know of any alternatives?

Many thanks
Bob
I have now booked with http://www.transfers4u.com/ and a private taxi was £26.08 for up to 4 of us return from Monastir to our hotel in PEK, happy with that price, I will let you know how the service is when we return.

I hope you get sorted aslemma :tup
Hi Bob, A lot of tour operators organise trips from your hotel but you might like to try Saphir Voyages (+216 72 240168) for your Sahara trip. I used them a few years ago, phoning to book when I was in Sousse, and they were very good, picking me up from and returning me to my hotel. You would obviously need to specify that you want an English speaking tour.

Glad you've got your transfer sorted Graham. I'm not bothering yet as I'm not booking the hotel until I know how much AXA is coughing up following the previous fiasco. We are still corresponding and if they pay up in full, including my phone bill, camera and cash, I'll be able to push the boat out (or perhaps, in the circumstances, that's an unfortunate turn of phrase :rofl )
Just a quick update on the transfers from Tunis to Sousse. It is confirmed that Med Hotels will no longer be going to Sousse, but you can get a transfer from Tunis to Sousse using a2b transfers at a cost of £9 each way. If you are wanting Tunis to Mahdia you will have to take this transfer and a mini bus from Sousse to Mahdia at an approx cost of £50. Hope that is of some help. Jenny x
Thanks Jenny, that is good to know for my next trip. :cheers
Thanks Jenny. That gives me an option of a2b direct to Sousse, or Transfers4u to the Sinbad and a taxi from there.
Getting a bit of a nuisance. Why do Transfer coaches refuse to take Mobility Scooters? :que
We are forced to pay for private taxis to/from airport, even though they are included with the package holiday.
OK. The Travel Company usually pay one way, which from Monstair to PEK is 40DT but why the need? :(

Uk Tour coaches will take the scooter no problem.
Well, I've now used A2B Transfers from Tunis to Sousse and must say they were excellent. When I arrived in Tunis there were a couple of men in the arrivals hall and I spoke to one who pointed me to the other who had my name. There were only two other ladies going to Sousse and he took my case and lead us out to a limo rather than the mini-bus I was expecting. It was extremely comfortable and we reached my hotel in an hour and a half (with me dozing most of the way I'm ashamed to say). Coming back it was a mini-bus as though there were only three of us from Sousse we went via Yasmine Hammamet to pick up from other hotels but still did the journey in just over 2 hours. You need to phone the company 24 hours before departure to arrange the pick-up time. One small tip - don't sit on the seat directly behind the driver as foot room is rather limited. I would certainly recommend the company and won't hesitate to use them again if I fly into Tunis rather than Monastir.
Having just returned from Tunisia, we had no problems with transfers after all.
Thompson's arranged a taxi (which had plenty of space for the scooter and luggage) from Monstair airport to our hotel.
Which they paid for.

The return taxi was also arranged for by the Thompson rep in the hotel.
Which we paid for. 40 DT.
30 Min travelling time. Plus we had it all to ourselves.

In saying that, i still cannot understand why the transfer coaches refuse the scooter. They don't take electric wheelchairs either.
Must be an insurance issue? :que
aslemma wrote:
Well, I've now used A2B Transfers from Tunis to Sousse and must say they were excellent. When I arrived in Tunis there were a couple of men in the arrivals hall and I spoke to one who pointed me to the other who had my name. There were only two other ladies going to Sousse and he took my case and lead us out to a limo rather than the mini-bus I was expecting. It was extremely comfortable and we reached my hotel in an hour and a half (with me dozing most of the way I'm ashamed to say). Coming back it was a mini-bus as though there were only three of us from Sousse we went via Yasmine Hammamet to pick up from other hotels but still did the journey in just over 2 hours. You need to phone the company 24 hours before departure to arrange the pick-up time. One small tip - don't sit on the seat directly behind the driver as foot room is rather limited. I would certainly recommend the company and won't hesitate to use them again if I fly into Tunis rather than Monastir.

Thanks for the feedback on A2B, I will use them on my next visit. :)
Hi there, I am considering a DIY holiday to PEK, any idea of approx taxi cost please? thanks.
Some links with prices etc for those looking to book a Taxi / Private Transfer / Shuttle in Tunisia:

http://www.transfers4u.com/

http://www.a2btransfers.com/
Please forgive me if this has been asked before.
I have recently got back from Sousse after staying at the Royal Salem. I have posted a review in the section provided.
When we went then we used the company transfers. We want to go again in May and the new airport will be functioning then. Thomas Cook/Airtours want £69 for return transfers to same hotel for three of us.
I have since found out about Transfers4u. Their website offers return shuttle bus travel(not taxi) for three of us for £20. Quite a big savings! Has anyone used them and could comment. I guess what is bugging me most is what happens on the return leg FROM hotel TO airport. I would hate things to go wrong then!

Another company I have heard about is A2Btransfer-- they charge £30.

So if someone who has used transfers4u could let me know what happens on arrival and departure- I would be most grateful. That is the shuttle bus transfer and NOT the private taxi transfer.

Thanks,

pete
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.