Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I don't think that this will be an easy journey for you unless you use taxis.
There may be some shared taxis from Larnaca to Limassol, but there are no buses at the airport. Public transport is not good in Cyprus!
The Donkey Sanctuary is about 30 mins by car from Limassol. The nearest village is Vouni. You say you are staying there for a couple of days, do you have accommodation in the village?
It would be much cheaper for you to hire a car!
The taxi journey from Larnaca to Limassol is £25 - £30. don't know how much it would be to Vouni.
Hope this is of some help!
We have accomodation at the sanctuary so that part is sorted.

What are the buses like between Larnaca and Limassol? Unfrotuantly we can't hire a car and are trying to keep costs down as low as possible
Ork1927,

How are you getting from Limassol to Protaras, its a heck of a long way and vey expensive taxi ride unless you have something organised.
The plan was to get to Limassol then bus to Larnaca then to Protaras broken up by a wander around both places on the way.

Is that possible?
As has been said previously in this thread public transport is not great in Cyprus.

Not sure about Limassol to Larnaca as i've never done it but I believe there are buses from Larnaca to Protaras but don't quote me on that.
The donkey sanctuary is outside the village of Vouni, in Limassol District. I administer a walking group and we've taken a number of the donkeys out for walks!

Your best (and cheapest) bet will be to hire a car for the day.

Cheers,
There are easier to reach donkey sanctuaries then the one at Vouni.

There's one near Kathikas, there's one at (V)Oroklini plus a couple of others. Vouni is hard to get to other than by hire car or taxi.

Mark
You can try phoning Taxi Express for a quote

00 357 24661010 or 00 357 77777474

Other companies recommended are
Golden Taxis 00 357 25879787

or

George Taxi 00 357 25932355

Hope you make it to the Donkey Sanctuary and elsewhere on the island!
Would this be the same Donkey Sanctuary that the Canadian husband to be on the new Sky show "My Family Restaurant" went to, to adopt a donkey (as some sort of gift for his wedding ? ) ?

(My Family Restaurant is about Yannis who originally came from Cyprus and many years ago moved to Canada, now running 2 sucessfull restaurants and the show is following the opening of a third. One of his chefs who isn't his own flesh and blood is hoping to become so, by marrying his daughter - Something like Home and leisure channel on sky, somewhere about 283)
Possibly - Take a look at their website at: http://www.donkeycyprus.com/ where they have an 'Adopt a Donkey' section.

I quite like donkeys, but I doubt that I could eat a whole one :wink:

Cheers,
And you'd have a lot of explaining to do at customs!

Besides, I couldn't get one in me suitcase! :lol:

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.