General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
cant find it on line also want to know which countries europe covers, I know egypt is not on theirs may have to ring them, waiting for policy
There is a link to the policy wording HERE. However I cannot find any mention of those named on the policy travelling on their own nor anything to define which countries are included under Europe.

luci :wave
Thanks, just rang them. I can travel alone also,. Europe does not cover Egypt but Tunisia, Morocco Cyprus Malta Bulgaria Croatia are on M and S policy
Has anyone any information on the Insurance named Elect?
It is recommended on Martin Lewis web site and I have just received a good quote for an annual European policy which includes Turkey,Tunisia and Egypt.
The underwriter is a Spanish company named Mapfre..
Hi Jaytrip

I use elect for my annual cover and I have just had to a make a claim due to a health scare we had with hubby.
I had really good treatment from them and they paid out once I had sent all the relevant paperwork,so yes I would recommend them.

Jeanie
Thanks Jeanie,I will get my policy from them as my current insurance company Insure and Go have the same underwriter but I expect the renewal cost to rise this year, :tup
Our annual policy is due 1st August and I have the renewal quote via M&S Money. Of course they do not include already declared conditions so needed to ring them. That added another £37.00. I then went online to the M&S site and got a quote which reduced the cost by over £100.
The M&S insurance did not appear on price comparison MoneySupermarket's site but was actually cheaper than the quotes there.

fwh
I thought Pre existing conditions had to be declared by phone :que
I have tried to do it on line but somehow the conditions list is not displayed.
But if you receive a renewal notice then you should expect that any pre existing conditions would be shown/included. What they actually do is send you a renewal notice that ignores what you have already told them and requires you to start again in effect. When I did it online then I ticked the box and it then asked me to declare it (from a menu) asked various questions and then gave a quote that included disclosed conditions. I have printed out the policy documents and it lists them as being declared and covered.

fwh
Annual travel insurance is not a continuous policy. You start a new policy each year and have to declare any PEMC's again.

Some companies offer online medical screening and it is becoming more common, but you still need to call for certain conditions.

luci :wave
Hi
I'm booking a family holiday package for OH & I, our kids, plus his parents - all on same booking.
I assume my parents in law (being older and also on holiday a fair bit) have annual multi trip insurance or at least a company they routinely use.
We however normally get single trip for each holiday (as so infrequent)

Is it a problem to have two policies covering different people on the same booking?

Is it better to book together or would there be any benefit to booking the same package holiday separately?
I think I have answered my own question - it seems most insurance retailers sell indivdiual, couple or family polcies - so we couldn't buy a standard policy from the post office for example that would cover all of us. However the policy wording talks about the policy holder being covered if something happens to the travelling companion. I beleive this means that if I buy a family policy for OH,I & kids, should anything mean MIL & FIL can't travel our insurance would cover us because we would be on same booking?

Be grateful for some reassurance on this
Thanks
We are off to Turkey in a couple of weeks and i need to sort out insurance.

Which is the best place to get insurance? We are 55,45,18,& 17

Now are son is 18 i don't know if we can get a family policy?

Thank you
Hi we are family going holiday outwith europe
we are taking family friend (with a minor health issue)
we were going to get own insurance and let them get their own
will it matter if 2 different insurance companies
holiday is booked under 1 name
thinking incase of cancellation, weather, company bust
any advise
This year I needed insurance for the USA. To upgrade my Nationwide insurance which is free with my account to cover me for the USA was an extra £20! That covers me and Mrs Hi De Hi. Cover is the same as the policy for Europe.
need help with travel insurance!! going on holiday in June and need to add some but done know when my policy should start? now or like a week or 2 before.

Also is it family or group

for me, my daughter, husband, mother, sister and her boyfrined.

any information is all welcome xx
you should ALWAYS have insurance in place either before you book or purchase with your holiday if the price is fair...

get it now if anything goes wrong you will not be coverd
MrsAniekwe wrote:
need help with travel insurance!! going on holiday in June and need to add some but done know when my policy should start? now or like a week or 2 before.

Also is it family or group

for me, my daughter, husband, mother, sister and her boyfrined.

any information is all welcome xx

You should take it out as soon as you have anything booked. Cancellation protection starts immediately. Everything else from the dates on the policy. Don't forget to read the policy cover to make sure it's adequate for your needs, and declare any pre-existing conditions.

You need to check on the different insurers what they class as a group or family.
Just to agree with Sunaddict really. You need to take it out now as you need cover from when you have booked the holiday, not when the plane takes off.

We see a fair amount of people in the complaints section who lose the money they have paid out as someone gets ill in the interim and can't go and basically they just lose what they have paid out.

Check the small print, they all cover a fair bit, but none cover acts of God or people simply changing their mind and not wanting to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.