Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
H Kat

welcome to the forums,

I have sent a message to steve1 [travel republic liaison] and asked him to take a look at your post when he is in the office

yasus
wizard

ps hope you like Malta we went in february for the fist time and are returning next spring

wizard
Thanks :) I'm certainly looking forward to it, however my partner is beyond excited as he's a real history buff and cant wait to visit everything.

x
Hi jadedflutterby, I have found your booking, The Bugibba Hotel, right? I cant understand why you are being advised you are not getting a complimentary breakfast either. I have asked the team advising you about this to check why they are sending you messages. You dont need the complimentary breakfast, because you have paid for breakfast. If there is no breakfast, then it should be treated as a hotel change from the provider you have booked with, and an alternative offered.

Let me get some clarification. Thanks for raising this with us.

Regards Steve
Hi jadedflutterby, you should have been contacted by now to confirm that has been a mix-up, and you will be getting your breakfast!

It appears all customers were being notified of the cessation of the complimentary breakfast (which doesnt make sese if you have paid for it) rather than just the customers booked on a self-catering/room only basis (which does make sense).

Apologies for the mix-up and thanks for raising the matter with us!

Regards Steve
In short. Booked hoilday for 8 people, 24/03/13 - 31/03/13, in August 2012, I needed to book early as I work in education and can only go away outside term time. Accommodation we booked (may I add very carefully) isn't open, and looking on the hotel's website bookings are not taken until after 1st April 2013. Although alternative accommodation has been offered it is not the same standard as one originally chosen. Anyway, flights not refundable, impossible to find accommodation for 8 people during Easter hols. Hotelbeds and TR have alot to answer for, as I booked this 5 months ago, I do not believe this situation has only now come to light - 7 weeks before we are due to travel. Similar experience happened to me last September where TR took my money for holiday where flights were not available, fortunately I did have a full refund for all costs. But surely this cannot continue to happen, I feel like shouting from rooftops 'everyone only book a package holiday'. Let's hope for some comprehensive reforms in the travel industry. Ah well I have a battle to win and there are other elements I can cannot disclose, all I know for everyone else out there and there must be others in my postion - I wish you luck. I'm just thinking how much interest I would of accrued if I'd left my money in the bank for 5 months mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Angela Owens
Your contract is with Hotelbeds, not TR and so it is Hotelbeds and/or the hotel itself that are the people who have a lot to answer for.

As you'll see from this thread, Steve, has been able to help people resolve problems in the past - have you followed up the posting in the other thread you've raised this problem on and emailed Steve direct? He really has been very helpful to other HT members before.

SM
Hi Angela, I have sent an email to you with a suggestion to try and get this sorted.

SMa is right, it is probably the hotel that has let Hotelbds, ourselves and you down, by not opening. They only decide not to open as late as possible if it is because they are quiet, or perhaps renovation..

Someone from Travelrepublic will be in touch with you shortly.

Steve
Hi steve
I assume the member hasn't contacted you but thanks for jumping on the pronlem

wizard
No, it is ok, Angela has contacted me directly. Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.