Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Traveling Alone
7 Posts
Hi starstruck i was in candolim last week i went alone with my daughter we stayed at Taj holliday village it has steps right on to the beach and a lifeguard and security so you dont get hassled too much it also has a great pool. Staff there are brilliant. You could check out hotel reviews. Have a good time. :D
There are lots of Cheap places, for example Alex's which is right next to the steps in Calangute, I think they do rooms from 200 Rs/- a night, cheap and cheerful, but safe.... They go up to 500 I think for the new rooms, but choose what you want to pay, all should be completely safe.

I think Goa is as safe as houses anyway, I feel safer here than I do in the UK - ALTHOUGH Indian men can be a bit touchy feely with the ladies, but nothing more than that - Just embarrass them in public by a large slap round the face!
Starstruck,
When are you off to Goa??? I'm off out as a solo female at the end of this month.
Hi I get back the end of the month
Hi Starstruck. There are loads of places to choose from. We stayed at Coco Bananas which is very near the Calungute steps part of the beach. It was nice, clean and safe. They have a website (do a search on cocobananagoa). The owners are very welcoming. There are quite a few places in the back lanes around there. One of them which looked nice (from the outside) was a french restaurant and guest house called La Luna (the rooms were 600 ruppees each).
In the Candolim area there are some nice places around the back near Silver Sands. One of them is called Pretty Petals. I don't think you will have any problem finding somewhere.
Thankyou so much you have all been stars :ghug
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.