Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
You will need to fly on from Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad or may be Bangalore.

Try these two web sites

http://www.makemytrip.co.in/makemytrip/MMTHome.do

http://www.airninja.com/discountairlines/fromIndia/toSingaporeSingapore.htm

My husband grew up in Penang, it is very beautiful, the Shangri La hotel in Batu Ferringi is super, as is that resort. It's a must go to place, but it's very expensive compared to India.

Regards
Mike
re Penang
go on to the Far East forum and ask away there- quite a few members have been( including me :lol: )
Hi Mike we loved Penang and stayed at the 'Golden sands Hotel' it was wonderful and in a terrific positon
chilly
Hi Guy and Gals,

Thanks for the info KEEP IT COMING I am writing these hotels down and will look the up on the web. Sounds like a nice place.

Mike
Malaysia is beautiful and not at all expensive. We stay at the Sheraton in Penang (great deals with asiarooms) and also take a trip to Langkawi, again finding hotel using asiarooms. Car rental is cheap and easy in Langkawi and you can see all the island in a few days. Penang is good for shopping and eating. You used to be able to fly jetstar asia from Bangalore but Im not sure you still can. Singapore is a good place to pick up cheap flights and most airlines fly from mumbai to singapore. Have a great time. If you like good food check out the BonTon in Langkawi, its amazing.
We stayed in the Holiday Inn Tower in Batu Ferringhi. It was cheaper than the others ( :-) ), great view, right at the start of the night market, and near to the Hawker market for unbelievable food.

I liked the British history tours, and Fort Cornwallis, little India and the Chinatown triad history was brilliant.
If you can get to KL from Mumbai, Airasia are Malaysian and dirt cheap if you book in advance, though we found Malaysian airlines to be as cheap on the Penang route.

A Langkawi trip is great...it feels more Thai than Malaysian but much more eco-friendly. You can go there on the ferry on a day trip, but it's a bit of a slog in one day. If you do....don't sit outside like the other tourists...you'll get very very wet and then realise why all the Malaysians were smiling when they let you have seats on the deck..
Thanks Guy and gals,

Some great tips in there, hotels where to go and the ferry tip :rofl etc etc.

Mike
you should get some more as I'm moving this to the Far East forum now :D
Hi Mike
Have stayed at Golden Sands and Holiday Inn,we prefer the Holiday Inn as it is a much quieter hotel. Back there in April for the 5th time hubby finds it really relaxing there so it's a few day's in China for the sightseeing then on to the Holiday Inn to relax.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.