Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Great reading Blondpuff and congratulations! You really do have to check those diamonds carefully because there's some dodgy stuff knocking about. We also saw some in Chandra that weren't very good.

Glad you finally got the Goa thing - welcome to the club!
Great report.Thanks.My better half and I love doing the goa thing for two weeks.That is nothing but relax on the beach chill in the shacks and just enjoy the fantastic beach, food and people.We do the occasional trip but for us goa is for relaxation.Glad you enjoyed it.

Papa
well done on the report Blondepuff. Curry on a beach on Christmas Day- sounds great :D
"Wildernest - The place itself is lovely with fantastic views but there is nothing to do apart from 2 walks."

Sorry, but what did you expect! There is plenty to do, grap a pair of binoculars and go for a stroll anywhere! Use your imagination, speak to the people who run the place, they were a mine of information regarding the whole ecostructure of Goa. If you had stayed the extra night you would have been entertained by local musicians and dancers and also shown some films and more.

Too quiet! Doh! You are in one of the most protected areas of India a fascinating area.

When I was there 2 very annoying tourists complained because they couldn't get Bacardi Breezers!

Sorry but Goa could do with a lot more retreats like this instead of ruining the whole coastline with unplanned building. I learned more in 1 night about what is really happening regarding the destruction of the coastal regions than on 5 holidays.

If Goa tourism reads this post BUILD MORE OF THIS TYPE OF SUSTAINABLE RESORT.

Oh and I didn't mention the BEST infinity pool ever! Ovelooking The Ghats!
great report.i enjoyed reading it :D :D :D
:rofl :rofl Big neil it wasnt me looking the barcardi breezers I wasnt even there haha.....we are off to goa in november and hubby want to go on this trip what sort of wildlife would you see if any :?: colleen
Big Neil, we agree with you. There should be more places like this, but we were expecting to be able to trek off into the undergrowth and not have to go on organised walks or have organised entertainment at organised times. When we did try and go anywhere outside of the organised times we had someone accompanying us, asking where we were going and made us feel like we shouldn't be going there. We like going off the beaten track and learning about the environment, people and country we are visiting, but the Wildernest wasn't what we expected and didn't want to stay any longer.

The pool was very impressive but we didn't go to sit round the pool, we went to explore which we couldn't do.

We also heard of a few couples who did exactly the same as us. I'm glad we went as it is a beautiful place but one day/night was enough for us.
irishcolleen, we saw chipmunks, spiders, large bee-type insects, a huge green snake, beautiful and unusual birds, vultures, lovely butterflies and praying mantis.
Irishcolleen it was someone else asking for the bacardi breezers cos you had already drank them all :glynis :D
Great reading tho, another Goa addict! :D
BO,

I get what your saying. I just wish Goa Tourist Board would develop more inland destinations. I've been all over Goa and I can understand why they want to establish the beach areas but to me they are becoming overcrowded and pollution ridden.

Areas like Candolim, Calangute and Baga are becoming an environmental nightmare that can be solved and allow tourism to flourish. It was at The Wildernest when I talked to 'The Captain' that I became fully aware of what damage was occurring on the coast. It's been interesting to see the amount of posts up this year regarding the ruination of Candolim to Baga coast and sooner or later Morjim to Querim.

I do love Goa but I can't bear to see the pollution and out of control building. Another thing is the hygiene aspect, too many Goans dismiss a lot of incredibly serious sickness as 'Delhi Belly'. They don't want to tell you the truth. No one thinks about how they get rid of the Calangute sewage! Here's a tip, look at the sea at Coco Beach! Also the sea around Baga beach has been found to be contaminated with just about every serious amoebic bug going. It's only in the last 2 years I've been getting seriously ill in Goa, so I started asking questions.

Sorry if I'm ranting. But I love Goa it's just that the Goans don't seem to like it as much as the tourists!
What a great report, our first time i in Goa it took a couple of days to work what we where doing in there Goan people you met on this trip will remeber you forever.

I looked out for the bruce willis look alike and the lady with purple crocs but never saw them !

GM
Great report.

Tend to agree with everything Big Neil says ~ looking forward to our trip to Wildernest in February.

Must say, the only time I've had sickness etc, is when I've managed to swallow seawater through being knocked over by waves !! :(
Big Neils comments on the damage to the coastal belt are, as ever, spot on. A couple of years ago I cut my lower leg open on one of Goas ultra modern sun beds. I received many stitchs, injeections, etc and was warned by the Dr. that if I went in the sea he could guarrantee infection, in fact if I got it wet showering ditto, both were loaded with all sort of bugs from the lack of even a rudimentary sewage system. Hence also the almost to be expected Delhi Belly. It,s not the side of Goa we regulars like to dwell on but with the boom in unregulated building the situation can only get worse and worse Alan
Thank you for your comments, glad you liked the report. Nothing can capture the sights, smells etc than actually being there though.

GM, we looked out for you too based on your description. We'll get you next time!
Great report. So excited now after reading a few things that put me off (even though i've been before).

Where would you say the sea is clean? Vagator?? Apora?
There is no clean sea in Goa :shrug
Thats the only reason my parents have stopped going to Goa, because my dad doesnt like the sea.
They're going to The Maldives on sunday so he should be happy there with the little fish lol
I thought it was green coz thats the way it is not coz its dirty :(
Cyprus's sea is nice.

Back on topic though I know what you mean about the first few days it took me a few to get into it. When you do though its amazing!!
Clean Sea.....

Most areas in South Goa.

North Goa

Most areas past the Baga River, definately Morjim.

Avoid Coco Beach, all the illegal dumping of sewage goes into the Nerul which flows past Coco beach. Several years ago the water at Coco Beach was clean, not now despite what tourists claim. There was a big article in 'The Herald' recently about illegal dumping from locals.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.