Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
TRIPS/EXCURSIONS
55 Posts
hi,can anyone tell me where to catch the boat/book for dolphin trips,we are staying in porto mogan in july, thanks. mo.
You can book all the sea trips from the harbour at Mogan - plenty to choose from.
I must add that the sea does get 'choppy' once away from the coast even on very good looking days,so plenty of rocking around - never saw so many sick bags being used,so if you are not steady on a boat be warned !!
Was a lack of dolphins on the one we went on so got free tickets to go again and saw about 8 whales- you may have more luck, others had dolphins leaping out of the water.
Spike, you state Mogan for the departure point for these trips. Surely it's Puerto Rico and not Mogan?

There are some submarine things that go from Mogan Harbour if you are interested Mo.

On the subject of Mogan, I was pleased to see that the restaurant where we had our lunch when we there in October had seemingly shut down.

It seems that the bloke who was nicking stuff off the beach then was in league with the chap that owned it or worked there. (See the subject of that elsewhere in the discussion forum entitled Mogan Beach warning.)

Result? Possibly!

Stan Man.
Try this site - plenty of info.
http://www.costa-mogan.com/todo/

Stan's right though (in a way) - more to choose from in Puerto rico.
Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any glass bottomed boat trips in the Maspalomas/Meloneras area? Price? :hmmm
I don't know of any boat trips going out from this area although I'm not an expert. Most trips tend to go out from Puerto Rico. If you get the bus to Puerto Rico on a Friday morning you can get the glass bottom boat over to Puerto Mogan where there is a market. You get a return ticket and the boat runs every half an hour, on the way back the stop and throw food in for the fish, and you'll see thousands appear.

Sarah
Hi Sarah HT Admin,

Oh thank you so much for the information about the ferry from Puerto Rico to Mogan. :tup I will keep this in mind!

Have a great day! :yipee
Would these trips would they be suitable for my 4 year old son, going to PR at the end of June, any info about these trips would be great Thanks
Sorry for the delay getting back to you... these trips are fine for all ages,but you may or may not see anything (would be very unlucky if you saw nothing) as we did on our 1st trip, but we got free tickets to go again and saw loads of whales.
I would say though that the sea does get rough once away from the sunny harbour and the 'swell' caused lots of sickness with many people placing 'sea pizzas' over board - if you can not stand the 'up and down' effect of the boat don't go.
A trip your little one may find more fun is the submarine - not done this ourselves but those we spoke to said it was a good trip.
I've noticed that one of the Irish Pubs in the Centro Commercial offer day trips for swimming jetski and parascending AND whale/dolphin watching too
€38 adults kids under 7 free open bar and free food

looks like we may go on that trip
We have been to Gran Canaria a couple of times and are going again in July to Meloneras. We would like to see more of the island. We have visited Puerto Rico and Puerto Mogan and wondered if it is worth hiring a car to see the rest of the island. Any suggestions of what to see?

Thanks. :wave
Gran Canaria is a beautiful Island. We always hire a car/jeep to see around. Las Palmas is a great day out at the top of the Island and the best way to go is via the mountains (Teror is a lovely wee village) It took us about 5 hours through the mountains and about 45mins back down the dual carriageway! Also - between the airport and Playa is a fantastic Go Kart track. Other places like Palmitos Park, Sioux City, Crocodilo Park, the markets and the water parks we find are much better explored on our own rather than with an organised tour. This July will be our 5th trip (with the kids) and we never get bored. Have fun!
Hi Marge8

Looking at history - Did you go to the Tindaya at Fuerteventura. Seems you were planning to go but no-one has ever written after being there.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Thanks Jacci. :thanks

Is Palmitos park a parrot park. Is it well run and worth a visit? We have been to the parrot park in Tenerife and that was fabulous.

The mountain trip sounds lovely but 5 hours of twisting roads sounds a bit much :omg
Hi Marqe 8 Palmitos Park is a very nice day out, approx 18 euros to get in and you can get a bus there for under 2 euros. There are loads to see there. Here is their web add http://www.palmitospark.es
also go to google put in palmitos park go down to "anyone ever been to palmitos park" ARCHIVE canary forum and take a look you can also click on the forum and see the reviews. Hope this helps.
Thanks!

It looks really nice. Didn't realise it is so close to where we are staying, thought it was in the north.
:wave Hi marge8,
where are staying and are you sc or hotel, anything else you want to know resturants bars waterparks etc, puerto mogan (little Venice) is a must.
We are staying in Meloneras at the Riu Palace.

p.S. antigua- have sent you a p.m. let me know if you have not received it. :wave
Just home last night, we had a trip trip on the submarine in Porto del mogan, the trip was very enjoyable cost was 27.50 euro for 40 minutes saw lots of fish and a few wrecks!

wgipk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.