Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I will be in PR in 2 weeks time............can anyone tell me if Palmitos Park has reopend after that terrible fire last year?

Also are there any bus/coach tours from PR, I read somewhere, and now can't remember where..... a luxury tour of the North of the Island, and some of the bits in between......I did do Zig Zag safaris last year and that was brill.......but is not for the likes of my elderly mum.
Hi Pastyface

I think it is still closed (was actually on their website checking yesterday - that's if it's up to date) Was such a tragedy - we were actually in PDI when it happened last year!
were heading out to puerto rico next week and would like to visit a waterpark whilst there? Does anyone know if the maspalomas park is any better than the one in puerto rico? Also is there much of a price difference?
Don't know about the one in PR - but there are 2 in MAspalomas - Ocean PArk just as you leave PDI heading for Maspalomas and then Aqua Sur out to the right. Ocean PArk is quite small in comparison to Aqua. Aqua is unreal!!!!! What a day out. My kids had a ball. Can't remember prices, but there is a web site. I'll come back to you on that. If you have google earth, you can see the parks quite well.
Use this link to see aqualand maspalomas
http://www.aqualand.es/grancanaria/index.php?wlang=en

print out the discount voucher for EACH person going.

The one in PR is smaller and is just finishing some refurbishment, but its all still open, its about a euro or 2 cheaper.
still got really good slides and is generally quieter and is more convenient.

Maspalomas LOADS of slides, busier (try to go monday/tuesday,avoid weekends) take the number 70 bus from PR bus station double check times but i think 9.40/10.15/10.40 or around there. Its about 25e in a taxi.

Pastyface... Palmitos still closed something like 70% of the park was ruined over 35 years work up in smoke. Will probably be a while before they reopen.

There are lots of choices for island tours either on a coach or Thomson do a "vip" island tours in 8 seater people carriers which might be handy. There is the WOW ticket office in the Europa centre and another by the underpass to the beach which do similar exxcursions to the TOs but at a lower price. NOTE:beware of very cheap/free excursions as they are usually a con to get you to a selling meeting. :(
Can anyone recommend some reputable companies to book excursions with in Gran Canaria, either Online or in person in Playa Del Ingles. I'm travelling in February, DIY holiday.

Am staying in Thomas Cook accomodation though so wonder if could see if their package tour rep would let us book with them but know they can be more expensive.

Thanks
We have gone DIY and we still able to book excursions with Thomson's rep.

luci :wave
Hiya,

Been to PR before on 2008 so i know the main trips(aquapasrk, palimtos park, mogan), going back in August this year, any new trips days out that anyone would recommend?
I'm a native canarian guy who wants to show "the aunthentic and real Gran Canaria". The majority of British tourists prefer to spend most of their time sunbathing in the obsolete touristic areas of the island rather than discover the traditional villages and the natural areas.
Chris - Phil
I just received an email with the link for Gran Canaria...its 2006-2011

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/trips-excursions-t78386.html
I just received an email with the link for Gran Canaria...its 2006-2011

Hi Ray

I can explain what has happened, we (Mods & Admin) are now bumping the welcome topic slightly differently so it is easier for members to spot new posts rather than our bumped welcome post , you might have noticed that the front forum page no longer shows numerous 'Welcome to Holidaytruths' posts made by mods, this involves creating a new post in a sticky topic then deleating it immediately.

You must have been subscribed to the particular post that I used as a bump topic when I checked this forum thus you received an email, I would suggest that as it is a rather old and rarely used topic you might wish to unsubscribe as it will probably be used for bumping until we can find another simpler method.

Graham
thanks for that Graham, will unsubscribe :wave:
You can stay subscribed if you wish Ray as I can bump another topic that won't have any subscribers :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.