Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good on ya girl, Any country has its risks, but as many of us "returners" will say Goa is fine if you treat it with respect.
BTW does he ever leave the house? :wink:
Scaremongering from someone who clearly has never been.
p.s. He better stay away from the NHS in the U.K. I hear MRSA is rife :wink:
shame ....theres just as many nasty diseases that can bump you off here in the uk! and for that matter in switzerland!!!
you can lower your risk by taking a travel clinic/gps advice & getting the shots you need & for somewhere like goa taking malaria tabs, if you get sick there go to a doctor for early treatment, i wouldnt say theres a huge danger but its always a risk.....but then the whole of our lives we're at risk of something anyway & i prefer to live life, we're all more at risk of leaving the planet prematurely everytime we get into a car in the uk than of getting a tropical disease on holiday.
can boyfried not go anywhere safe as houses as said i took a 7 anf 12 year old i wouldnt put health at risk he better stopppin in uk and get mrsa
you're all echoing my thoughts exactly, i mean when isnt there a risk? ah well, have invited my best friend so...good times!l no doubt when i get back from havin a great time, seein a new culture etc he'll feel silly :p xx
I work in the NHS and the only thing my doctors always stress is to take the malaria tablets, as everyone said before there is a risk where ever you go, just be sensible. I hope he changes his mind because Goa is lovely and he will really miss out, but if he doesnt dont worry you will have a lovely time.
It wont be the only time you go I guarantee, so what will he do when you want to go to Goa every year? How old is he ?
and duno its up to him i told him 'ur old enough to make ur own decisions, n if u choose not to that's your decision too' :p
sorry i said he's 23 didn't go on the last one
oh no, you cant live your life not going to places "incase" you catch anything or are infected by anything. All you can do is get yourself to the doctor and get all your shots and tablets and you'll be sorted. No doubt when you get back and you and your mate will have had the best time ever, your boyfriend will realise......... ohhhhh he'll be gutted then!!!!
Is he a man or a mouse, he goes to Switzevery year where he might get caught in avalance. If you take the Malaria tablets he should be ok. Life is too short to worry about things that probably wont happen.
No guarentees i know, but lifes like that!!!
:shock: Beware of.......

:wink: alcoholic poisoning!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reading alot of these treads i would think there maybe alot of people going to suffer with that Pam. :)
A few people I know about have come down with strange dieseases this year.. At present doctors stumped... SO please be careful, best protection is to keep your mosi repelent on and put some netting up at the windows as lots of things are passed via mosquitos...

Hope everyone recovers - best of luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.