Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkey newbie
7 Posts
My recommendation would be Bitez on the Bodrum Peninsula. It is a smallish resort, close to the town of Bodrum. Bitez is very flat, no hills and most things are based along the beach front. It is a very relaxing place with lots of nice restaurants, a couple of bars and some shops. The beach is good and there is plenty to do and see in the surrounding areas.

Turkish people are very friendly and the local beer, Efes, is nice ;)
Some hotels do half board but there is such a good choice of places to eat it may be worth looking at B&B too. We always book our flights and accomodation separately as we find it cheaper that way.
I'm no Turkey expert but would recommend Turunc.

It's a small resort with friendly locals, nice boat trips and restaurants. There are boat taxis to the bigger resorts of Icmeler and Marmaris. The resort is surrounded by hills but isn't hilly itself.

Have a look on Travel Republic or jewel in the Crown. I'd go bed and breakfast.

Wherever you end up, I feel sure you'll enjoy Turkey. it's lovely.
;o) Kalkan springs to mind. ...but I can see Mr Chocs enjoying Hisaronu ;) xxx
Kalkan's lovely but a bit hilly for Mr Chocs?
Mmmm yes suppose so...unless they got somewhere at the harbour?

;) I still think Hisaronu - as very 'compact' and as long as they got accommodation IN Hisaronu and NOT Ovacik it would be fine. Dolmus down to beach area and some of the beaches have free dolmus to 'their' beach. Also Fethiye - one dolmus straight into the town and I just KNOW Mrs Chocs will like the shopping there :rofl
Icmeler is a very flat scenic resort surrounded by pine clad hills.
There are the beach front hotels with lovely views over the bay or hotels just a couple of streets back and then there is the beautiful old village area which has mostly apartments.
The hotel Devamli is a lovely family run hotel and if you are on a HB basis you eat in the Loveboat restaurant which is arguably one of the best restaurants in Turkey. :que
This hotel is available with Thomson.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.