Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos to Turkey ferries are every day in the hi-season but obviously tail off outside of that, essential to contact the ferry ticket agents in Kos town, they usually have blackboards outside. The same applies to hydrofoils/catamarans/ferries to Rodos. There used to be hydrofoils around 08:00 to Rodos, but things do change. They don't show up on Greek Travel pages here:

http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp

There are dozens of destinations possible from Kos using various ferries.
We were planning to do this trip, do the ferries make you sea sick?
The ferries to Bodrum are expensive & not very large so best to choose a calm day. The Rodos ferries are much larger generally as they come from Piraeus, although there are some small interisland catamarans as well. From a seasickness point of view the larger the ferry the better.
You can catch the 'Flying Dolphins' fleet from Kos Town to Bodrum on anyday, not very expensive and takes about 35/40 minutes, don't know about Rhodes though.
Thanks for your replies, where do you find a flying dolfin???????? Are they very big?
http://members5.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/members/compact_slide_show.pl?album_item_id=37394233

Heres a pic of a 'Flying Dolphin' hydrofoil, they can be found next to the castle in Kos Town think it costs around 20euros although can't remember exactly, no-one was sick during our crossings as far as i know, you can either sit inside or get a bit of sea air sitting at the back, thinking back the crossing takes less than 30 mins so you shouldn't have a problem.
I was refering to the 'normal' hulled ferries. The hydrofoils(flying dolphins) do not run in rough weather. Hydrofoils (within greece) are twice the price and twice as fast as 'normal' ferries. The quay for the Turkey flying dolphins is the main quay near the castle, but if it is to Rodos the quay is a couple of hundred yards to the south. You must check with the ferry agents in Kos town for the details.
  • Edited by Ouzo 2005-08-28 20:32:22
Karen are you going to Kos soon? We're off 6th October to Kos Town for a week. I'm still keen to go across to Bodrum, my hubby was put off my the bomb attack in Kusadasi though and isn't keen to go at all now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.