Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkey Virgins !
15 Posts
Hi Jelly, if you don't want brash you've got to be looking at Icmeler which is just outside Marmaris which has water parks. From Marmaris you can visit the Greek Island of Rhodes, there are other boat trips available from the harbour. There is also Olu Deniz which has a nature reserve with a lagoon, not sure about water parks nearby but you can visit Saklikent Gorge using the local transport(dolmus) to get there. Sad to say that if you want to go these resorts then you've got to compromise on the transfer time. If you can over come this then you will have a brilliant holiday and will want to return to this fabulous country. Good luck.

I have brought forward the Discussion on Icmeler for you to peruse, also a topic on Olu Deniz.

Les
Thks for that Les,... I came upon a place called Dalyan, seems to be well thought of , even though not on a beach, but the Turtle Beach is nearby ( itzuzu ??) Any thoughts on this ??? Anyone else with resort advice welcome !! :think

Btw , what are aprox transfer times to these places ??

Jenny p.s Have a great Xmas Everyone , hope Santa is good to you all ! ;)
Hi again Jelly, we've only done the Dalyan River Boat Trip whereby you go in a mud bath and also have lunch before carrying on to David Bellamy beach(Turtle Beach). Once again, i've brought forward three topics on Dalyan of which I hope will be of some use to you. Between now and the end of January is when you can get a pretty good deal on a Turkish holiday. All the best and have yourself a super fine xmas.

Les
Jelly,

Dalyan is a wonderful place. You may find members Resort Reports useful. The following are links to the topics Cruisecontroller mentions;

Report from Dalyan...
Dalyan
Go To Dalyan

Darren
Thks for those replies, most useful !

I suppose July is VERY hot In Dalyan ,? but we have been to Cyprus in July tho, on a par? Hotter ? and are the mossies bad there, being near a river situation ?? And are u actually allowed on the beach as this is the time the turtles are nesting?? Bless them. :que
Ive been to Olu Deniz twice in July and it is hot but not unbearable, I would imagine it's similar in Dalyan as its just down the road. Been to Dalyan a couple of times on day trips and didnt notice mozzies, but it may be different if you stay there as they tend to become active around dusk time.
Jelly,

You'll find extensive weather information and daily weather reports through the holiday season on the following topic; WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As.

Darren
Icmeler is quieter than Marmaris,has a fantastic beach,you can get boat trips , jeep safaris , and lots of other excursions,and its about 15 minutes on the dolmus(small bus)into Marmaris and only costs a pound,Marmaris has two big water parks.

Transfer time on the tour op coach would be just over 2 hours,our last two trips to marmaris we used resort hoppa private transfer,cost £100 return but you have the vehicle to yourself theres no stopping and it takes an hour and a half
Last October our transfer back to the airport only took 1hour 30minutes from leaving Icmeler. :tup
The transfer only cost us £28.47 for both of us both ways!Booked through Hays Travel.
The new road has made a big difference.
Hisaronu ticks all the boxes, its such a friendly place.
Olu Deniz down the road (quick 5 min dolmus), fantastic views, excellent value trips.
Thanks to all the posters.... however, we have booked for Dalyan, :sun2 I cant find a bad report anywhere, and the more I read the better I liked it. :cheers

Going 11 days in July so hope T/cook stay solvent til then !! :think

Happy Hols peeps :)
Glad you got it booked, if we go back to Turkey it would be our choice to go to Dalyan as been to Olu twice now.

I'm sure Thomas Cook will last the year out, can't see them messing it up again until the middle of 2013 :rofl

Have a great holiday.

Doe :sun2
I don't think you'll be disappointed, its a beautiful resort, from your description of what you are looking for it sounds similar to the sort of places we like. We had a holiday there a few years ago with teenagers and we all loved it. We have our own place in Turunc now, but had we not bought in Turunc, Dalyan was next on the list!
Hello Turkish virgins - Jelly.
Another excellent place you may like is the` Majesty Tuana club & park`just outside Fethiye.
This is a beautiful `all inclusive` holiday village totally self contained with 4 - pools including a water park.
We have been twice in the last 2 - years & will be returning in the near future.
The accomodation is in self contained blocks in a very large beautiful landscaped park.
They have very good nightly entertainment including a late disco for the younger ones.
The site is positioned a few miles from Fethiye with its own local bus & taxis.
It is about 45 - minutes transfer from Dalaman. For more info:- songbird589.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.