Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If you go A/I is that included in the price?
Hi XxLynzxX I was A/I in May In Club Sun City in Olu Deniz and yes the Turksih Bath is described as being included in the price but they wanted nearly £50 for the massage, treatments etc, the only thing that was included was actually going in the Turkish Bath itself (the steam room) everything else is extra! bit of a con if you ask me as to the description as this isn't mentioned anywhere any you are only aware of it once there when they come round the pool showing the brochure and touting for business
any tips for good turkish baths in hisaronu and also traditional shaves
for my hubby.
There is a good Turkish bath at the Hisar (main high street ) opposite the Lemon Tree. If you fancy going to Fethiye there is one near the bus depot, it depends whether you want a traditional hamman (spelling x) or not, but they are both good. As for a shave, there are a couple of barbers in the high street, we even found a chap with an open air barbers - one sink and one chair in the middle of nowhere up a dirt track - according to hubby that was a close shave :lol:
Anyone know of a good traditional Turkish bath in the Kalkan area :?: And any where hubby and sons can get a good shave :?:
ichmeler girl, that's shocking, i asked the travel agent if the turkish bath was included and she assured me that it was included, i hope so coz that will be yet another thing i will complain about when i get back, i go on friday so i'll let you know when i get back, how can they call it all inclusive if it's actually not, :thanks for the tip :lol: :lol:
I fancy having a Turkish bath-but use inhalers for asthma-and am concerned the steam room may be abit too much for my delicate lungs :? .Anybody else have the same problem-and how did you get on in a Turkish bath?Sorry if it seems a siily question :oops:
Linda :)
The turkish bath on the main street is good,under the Hisar Hotel,(if Dilek is still there,she'll look after you,speaks good english) :D for shaves,there's a place down the side street where the post office is on the corner if you go down that street and turn left theIrish bar is there.The barbers is run by 2 brothers.I think it's Gil...something
ooooo the heat of the sauna :lol: thank god you can escape.. we were in the sauna with 5 young lads who had just ate a full english breakfast ,,boy did the suffer :lol: so rember just a lite breakfadst ,,we payed £5 last year with oil massage ,
i'm a bit worried about these baths!

i would really love one because they apparently help you get a great tan and they are so relaxing but our friend who has been to marmaris for the last 6 years has really put me off!

she says that they are a bit pervy (no offence to turks in general) and as i'm a big girl i think i might really a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed :oops:

also can you take your kids in there (ie 8 year old) :?:
Have had turkish baths with massages for the last 5 years,once about 4 days into the hol,then another the day before I come home.I have asthma,the steam in a sauna doesn't affect me if I stay one the lowest seat...or floor depending on how hot it is,but remeber you can go out into the plunge pool,really cold but excellent...As for perving only once did I feel slightly uncomfortable,but usually they are very respectful.
alizda, have sent you a pm
My sister & I are off to Olu Deniz for a girly holiday, (we are 37 & 48, just incase I am making it sound like we are a couple of teenagers).
We are staying in The Olu Deniz Resort Hotel for a week from 3 June 05, Friday (& Counting!!!! :D )
We are keen to have a turkish bath & the brochure says there is one at the hotel, on the AI basis. However I should imagine that the massage ect is extra. Also I know we need to have one on the first day.
However I am a little worried about some of the posts making them sound a bit pervy :oops: . I assumed there would be ones where women did women & men did men, I was really surprised to read that men massage the women (I thought Turkey was more conservative than that).

My question is, is there a woman massager in Olu Deniz, or failing that are the hotel ones a better bet or is there one in Olu Deniz or the area that can be recommended?

Thanking you in advance for any info, replies or any other tips anyone can throw our way.
Kim
I'm pretty sure your hotel will have a woman masseur, our hotel Asena Village in Hisaronu have both (tried last week but more expensive and I prefer the real ones). There are quite a few turkish baths in the Olu area or you coukd go and try the proper hamam in Fethiye that has been there for hundreds of years, there the women and men are kept totally separate.
Not sure if I worked the PM thing.

So if we go to the proper one in Feteyia (?) we will get a woman massure?

Thank you for your time & putting our minds at rest :D
We are off to Olu Deniz 04th July and would welcome your up to date comments on the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel on your return if you wouln't mind.
Yes, of course. I will post review as soon as I get back.

Only 2 more days to go :D
Hi, I have been Olu Deniz Resort fot the past 2 years and will be going again on 13th June for 2 wks.

The staff in the health spa (Carisma i think it is called) are very nice, last year there was one man and two women. each time I have been there I have been booked an appointment with one of the women.

The health centre usually closes around 7 or 8 I think, so you shouldnt have too much trouble getting a treatment done on your 1st day. They are located underneath the main reception. There are 2 entrances, either from main reception itself or a side entrance from the main walkway outside the reception.

I hope I have been of some help, any other questions about the hotel or its facilities feel free to contact me either through the forum or PM me.

Happy holidays, you will have a great time.

How long are you staying for? have you been to Olu before? :D
What treatments do they do in the Health Spa? Are any included in the AI package if not are they very expensive? What is the Gym like? Where do they do the windsurfing mentioned in the AI package?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.