Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive never been to olu deniz but in my experience of other places in turkey you find that most of the hotels (or slightly larger hotels) do turkish baths. Another thing, have it on the first or second day as the scrubbing can get rid of ur tan and once your skin has been exposed to the sun for a few days the soap they use really stings! :D
Hi selby
There is an authentic turkish bath (I think they call it Haman) in nearby Fethiye although several hotels have Turkish baths I think these are more for the tourist. The turkish bath usually consists of a steam room (which is similar to a sauna but not as hot) this is to open the pores, followed by the scrub which removes all the dead skin thats why you should have one early in your holiday as gaffer says. Then a shower. The massage comes after and in the authentic Turkish bath is usually extra. This is a full body massage using oils and is really a must, as it gets rid of any areas of aches and pains. It can be quite uncomfortable at the time but after you will feel the difference. Afterwards you will be wrapped in towels and allowed to relax with a drink of apple tea. I cant remember how much it cost. They had certain days for each sex probably because it is a public Turkish bath, but that was 3 years ago. You can get to Fethiye from Olu by dolmus bus. Enjoy your holiday and bath.
Tee
teegee99, just reading your post has made me feel all warm and fluffy. Our hotel has a turkish bath so i'll be booking as soon as I get there :)

Are there any age restrictions on having a Turkish Bath? Bit of a daft question, but my son's 15 and quite fancies one himself.
thanks for your replies guys, it sounds brilliant. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs?? :lol:
I think he`ll be ok at 15 to have one.
A couple of years since been to Hisaronu, but there was a good one in the Hisar Holiday Club, across from the chinese resturant. powdie
Hi everyone, Im going to Marmaris in 10 weeks, although I have been to Turky beofre I have never been for a Turkish bath before :!: Have any of you been for one beofre :?: What are they like :?: What happens and did you enjoyy it :?:

Any information would be great, Little Princess xx
Hi, I'm typing under my hubby's username! I had a turkish bath when we went at the beginning of May. It was brill!! So relaxing. Basically I had 15 mins in the sauna then they lay you on a warm marble slab and exfoliate your skin with these mitts - it feels a bit weird as it was a man but I just shut my eyes and enjoyed the experience. Then they slosh you down with warm water to get rid of all the dead skin they've got off you. Then they give you a massage with foamy bubbles - it was so relaxing I nearly fell asleep! Then they sit you down for 10 mins or so for your skin to dry off and then you get a lovely oil massage. I was told not to shower or swim for a couple of hours because you need to keep the oil on.

I can honestly say I got the best tan I've ever had and I'm not peeling yet - they said it would help keep my tan for 4 to 6 weeks so I'm hoping it does! I would say definitely give it a go - it is slightly awkward because I think it is mostly men that do them and where I went they didn't speak much English and I felt a bit self conscious because I didn't know what they were saying but I just shut my eyes and relaxed and it was definitely worth it!
Thanks for the information, but can I just ask, are you naked :oops: when they do this to you or do you kep your bikki on :?: This may be a bit of a funny question but I just would like to no for when I give it a go because it sounds sooooo relaxing! Oh how much did it cost aswell :?:

Little Princess xx
lol - you wear your costume. Not sure how much it will be this year - but in previous years i have paid about £10 all in
Few :!: Thats all I can say, I was a bit scared incase you had to take it off, that would be very strange :!: :D Si I think now that I know you keep your bikkini on I will defiatly give it a try :!:

:thanks
Little Princess xx
Go for it Lil Princess - i always try to do it on each trip - it is very relaxing and refreshing

Cheers

LA
You have to try it, it is wonderful & your skin feels soooooo nice afterwards!

i went to one in kusadasi & it is basically up to you how you dress, while i was there, we saw several people naked, but we kept our bikinis & swim suits on...its whatever you feel comfortable doing! :)
hi, i am going to gumbet on the 6th june and i really want to try a get a turkish bath. is there anywhere you could recommend going and do you know how much they cost?
just back from gumbet and we had a turkish back sorry carnt remember the place but he came and picked us up! got there and we had a sauna then he massaged us! phew he knows how to work you up he was being very touchy and kept winking at me and holding my hand while he put bubbles alover me, after all the scrubbing and bubbles he threw cold water over which i needed! best bath ive ever had!
It was £10 at the Club Anastasia and I kept my bikini on - the only time I got a bit worried was when he unclipped the top to do my back but he was very polite and did it straight up afterwards!! Its just that you don't know what to expect when you've never had it before but it was well worth it - if I go back next year its the first thing on my list of things to do!!!
Hi

Are Turkish Baths the same throughout Turkey :?:

We're going to the Topkapi Palace in October and it says they have a Turkish bath - will this be the same :?: it also says it's included in the All-Inclusive.

Carol :wink:
Hi Samber,

I've had a few Turkish baths around Gumbet, the best one ever was at the Hotel Baba. Just go into reception there and they'll arrange it for you. The Hotel Baba is easy to find, its on the street right up from the main beach.

I've seen lots and lots of hotels offering Turkish baths around Gumbet this year, so you'll definitely find one!

Elaine
:D Go for it, it's so nice and relaxing, a must have whilst in Turkey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.