Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Been like that for many years, and many more years will get worse still. Another one that the tourism minister will never look into.
La Plage,
Has a great advantage, being situated on one of the most pictuesque beaches in Goa, with privat access.

But it isn't your average shack, more a 4/5* Restaurant serving top notch French and International cuisine, with prices to match. So I'm sure the guests would expect high standards all round.

It's also a fair old way from where the majority of holiday makers stay, prefering to make do with Candolim and Calengute areas, for their beach pleasure.
Bono's is very clean and tidy, on Candolim beach, click on View my Media for photos.

xx lassi
lassigirl
La Plage has a great advantage, being situated on one of the most pictuesque beaches in Goa, with private access.
But it isn't your average shack, more a 4/5* Restaurant serving top notch French and International cuisine, with prices to match. So I'm sure the guests would expect high standards all round.

I did say the photos show the extremes. ;)
However, I don't think it matters what you you pay, we all deserve something better than this c.r.a.p.
This is the path from Beach Road towards Bobby's shack.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Truths/_DSC0175.jpg

My Goa trip 2011.
I don't dispute, that the indiscriminate dumping of rubbish, is getting worse. It is constantly discused in the local papers, but a solution is never found.
Many tourists say why arn't there rubbish bins on the streets, I asked a Goan friend, and the answer was who would empty them. I travel to Goa on flights from Germany, and many people are starting to say they won't be returning.
Sadly it's something that the Indians overlook, unless it's on their doorstep. But it is about time Goa, spent some of the income generated, by tourism, on clearing the rubbish .
As you say Max, there are most certainally two sides to Goa.

xx lassi
That rubbish just off the beach road has put us off that part of Candolim beach now. Apart from the piles in the photo when you cut across the beach behind spottys and the Arabian shack there is loads of rubbish there too. There's a hell of a difference when you go on the beach further up beside Bonos or Petes shacks virtually no litter around these.

When we were asked at the shack we have used for last twelve years why we were not using it this year we told them it was because the beach was too dirty there, this was just met with a shrug from the shack owner!!!!!
We walked past that rubbish leading to Bobby's shack every day and it STANK. The cows seemed to like it though.
I'm afraid India and rubbish are inescapabe facts of life. If clean surrounds, pristene beaches etc. are your criteria I'm afraid you've picked the wrong place
At least India with limited or no infrastructure for garbage management, have an excuse. We're of to Australia again next week, a country where it's citizens take pride in their country, unlike the UK, where despite ample facilities, the state of the streets of our towns and cities,especially at the weekends, should shame us all.
Alan
there are places like that over here too granted maybe not as bad, but you have to look past it, i loved goa especially calangute, cant wait to go back :-)
Gemma i'm sure i've been there it's in Morjim (think)..
La Plage is on Ashwem beach, it looks very nice :tup
Never been to La Plage, whereabouts is it?

Just past Papa Jolly's down a narrow lane on the left and follow the signs.

As has been said it is a lot more expensive than your normal shack prices.
Tapas dishes Rs 200+, Barbeque & Grill dishes Rs 300+, Daily Specials Rs 300+
But the taste and quality are superb - French cuisine with an Indian twist.

Wednesday afternoon is nice and quiet and easy to get a table. :tup http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Truths/_DSC0076-1.jpg

My Goa trip 2011.
Thanks.

Will add it to my list of new places to go :tup
What I find amazing is that all efforts to improve the image of tourist areas are quite literally trashed almost immediately.
This recently built road from Baga bridge has/had a superb pavement where it was safe to walk .
http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/DaveWales/Goa%202010/090.jpg
Why go to all that expense and effort to pave it beautifully and then allow this to happen ?
http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/DaveWales/Goa%202010/089.jpg
I have just got back and although we had a fantastic time the rubbish and dirt did get me down,we stopped using our usual shack and moved to Bono`s where it and the beach around it was spotless which shows it can be done another thing i found more frightning than usual was the traffic,i was hit by a taxi which resulted in the whole of my right hip being one huge bruise
i've been going for 11 years, the rubbish has always been bad but somehow it has bothered me more over the last 3, maybe there's more, or because theres more out of staters there or maybe it's because i've also travelled more (kind of the same area) thailand, cambodia, vietnam, laos, singapore and malaysia - and you don't see the rubbish!!!! I only go once a year now - i'm back next week so i'll see how i feel then.
Will add it to my list of new places to go

We tend to head up in the morning for breakfast, grab a bed on the beach and then have lunch late afternoon. A brilliant way to spend the day
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.