Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
As I keep saying, members of HT can only offer their personal opinions. Anything we say is based on our own experiences. They should only be read that way. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received then you need to take legal advice. Ros Ferniough has helped many members to sort out their problems. Download and read the Safe and Sound booklet at the top of the page. That will give you a better understanding of your rights. Then I suggest you contact her should you wish to take the matter further.

fwh
Gethro

My family and I went to Looe Bay holiday park in Looe, Cornwall a couple of years ago. Bloody awful......We stayed in one of their lodge style cabins and it was dirty and smelt of damp all the time (we went at the beginning of August!) When we complained we were told that as we had booked accomodation that accepted pets (we took our dog), what did we expect! We expected it to at least be clean. Got nowhere complaining to them so won't be going ever again and would not recommend it to anyone!
:x
Will not be going back here - Evar
by Nikki - written on 04.03.07 - Rating: (1 of 5 possible stars)

Advantages Dorset is nice - watched a good teen punch up over girls on site

If your an adult chav or have rowdy teenagers to amuse, and wish to spend your whole time in the club house or stuffing your face with rather below average meals (providing you find some where to sit without having to get there mega early) you will love this place.

If you want a decent family holiday, without the need to complain about some of the tatty accomodation (not just the basic ones either) tatty worn out crazy golf, tatty worn out GRIT sports and tennis court, tiny crowded indoor pool, tiny go cart track, dirty and some unused, freezing outdoor pool, horse riding was being led around on an old nag around the park avoiding the bikes n peddle go-carts.
Snack bar , poor and gathering point for teens with booze , pity you if you get situated near this , the couple who arrived with us, went straight home, having seen where they were located and the poor condition of their premium van.

Yes, looks it does look loverly in the pics, afraid all the money has been spent on the clubhouse and indoor food area's in an attempt to get more money out of you, great , if you can actually find a space to sit and enjoy any of it.
Walks? none on site other than around the park, Bike rides? well ride around the park, loverly forest,? not really probably was once upon a time, now just a holiday park with trees. want decent un-interrupted sleep, don't bet on it. I could go on and on,

If your idea of a holiday is getting dressed up to get to the club house on time (early) for a few drinks and see the entertainment on offer and wish to let your kids do "what evar" then go ! want a decent holiday as a family, go somewhere else.

Yes, we used the crazy golf, played footie in the sports GRIT,used the go-karts, had a drink or 3 in the bars, eat in the food area,went in the amusements, hired bikes, shopped in the shop, did not get in the indoor pool as it was too small to accomodate all the people wanting to use it., walked around, watched dobbin and neddy the horses plodding kids about, waited for an hour to get naff burger n chips in the que of teens.
We enjoyed visiting beaches and other area's off site ,and enjoyed the pedal go-karts and throwing pine cones at each other.
Unless your supermum/dad, stick to the individual pedal carts, the family ones weigh a ton and you will soon grind to a halt.
We went during school summer Hols, but even so, I would not be happy to go back off peak .

We have stayed in many a Holiday camp believe me, in caravans, lodges, tents , camping and we did enjoy an off peak Holiday in the Westsar Looe park, we do intend to go back to this part of Dorset this summer as we found some great places to go and fab beaches (gotta drive a ways) BUT deff not going back to Sandford ! "Evar"

Thankyou.
PS, the tents were right on top of one aother, but they seemed to having a good time with their BBQ's
Summary: Best look somewhere else, unless you just want to drink n loaf
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.