Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
ULOOKUBOOK
21 Posts
We have booked and payed for our holiday with ulookubook to Cyprus . They have been more than helpful , they have telephoned me back when they said they would . my brother has also booked with them for his Christmas holiday . and he said the same they telephone him back .The only problem we have had was we had to pay extra for our baggage which cost £20 each extra , I telephoned them and they sorted it out straight away ,other wise everything has been ok , just waiting for the ticket to arrive we go 29th June 2008. If we have a problem with the tickets i will put a post on here . Hope this is some help for you .
Thanks for the reply. They have good prices on their website and I think its better when you can choose from a number of properties. Jacqui
BE AWARE OF ULOOKUBOOK!!! also look on web for other names they are trading under.
They have debited my card but flight I was paying for was full. After I paid them money, and was thinking that my holiday is sorted out, they phoned again to ask me if it would be ok to change my departure airport, and pay them £60 extra per person!!!! I didn't agree, and asked for refund which they promised to do. I went away thinking they will give me refund as they were not able to provide what I asked for, so we immediately booked alternative arrangement with other holiday company, however ulookubook then suddenly found 2 seats on 'full flight', and phoned me 12 hours after to inform me of this!!! Twisting the story to suit them, sale assistants said that they never promised me a refund, pretending they told me to keep checking with them for flight availability. But actually when I asked them to put me on waiting list for that 'full flight' one member of staff said that was not possible for Thomas Cook flights.
We end up having 2 holidays for same days for same place, and when they had to do refund in the end, they still managed to deduct almost 20% off the money I paid
I went to Thomas Cook and they have checked records, our names were never booked for the flights I was charged for over the phone. This is going now further to ABTA and Court.
I have used ulookubook website many of times and not experienced any problems. The price was exactly as the website advertised. I also had a great holiday.
I had no trouble at all with ulookubook , I would use them again had a great holiday in Cyprus . With not using this company before I was a little nervous , but every thing went to plan . :)
I had trouble with these people, they did not send me a shuttle voucher, which meant I missed my transfer and flight. I had to pay for a taxi and new flights , so when I got back I contacted them by email, no reply, I wrote a letter sent it recorded, no reply, If you think thats a good Customer Service dept then book if not dont book.
Dave
Just got back from a holiday in Majorca that I booked through Ulookubook. When I read some reviews I panicked a bit but everything went to plan. The hotels was what we expected and the room was exactly what we booked. I would use these again.
I'v booked with this company for the first time and thought I'd got a good deal but I since found out they have charged me twice for my group's luggage to the tune of £88. I've rang them and they say they will ring me back but after reading the other reviews I don't hold much hope of getting my money back.

I was told that when booking a package holiday you don't need to pay for the luggage only if you book a flight only.

I will keep you posted.
BEWARE OF ULOOK UBOOK!!! I was stranded in the Male Airport for 2 days because they hadn't booked my hotel which I had booked 2 months ahead of travelling there. I also had a further delay getting back to the UK because they booked me a return flight on stand by.
I've only just seen
I was told that when booking a package holiday you don't need to pay for the luggage only if you book a flight only.
- and whoever said it was wrong! Many small companies booking dynamic packages use low cost scheduled airlines and you get the same luggage restrictions as everyone else.

Back to the latest, what sort of flight tickets was it (e-ticket/old stylecard/just a number to take to desk??). Booking standby is a bit out of order.
It was a Thompson flight. Absolute madness the stress ulook ubook put us through I spent numourous hours on the phone to them before I got booked into a hotel. I paid £1500 per person for a 5star holiday for 7nights and ended up spending 4 nights in the actual resort and the rest at the airport.
you still haven't said what sort of ticket it was.
It was the old fashioned paper ticket if that's what you mean.
In that case the Standby status should have been shown on it. I thought issuing Standby tickets had been stopped a couple of years ago and you had to have a confirmed seat on one flight before you'd be considered for standby on another. But I have found a website with another company that claims to have a supply of Thomson standby seats - very odd and not recommended. Did either compnay explain why it had been issued like that?
Absolutely not! I was nothing but ignored by both ulook ubook and Thompson.
Side issue: If you look in the "travel guides" section of the website you will find a number of the photos used to illustrate resorts are on other sites on the internet. At least one of these photos (and I suspect more) were taken without the site owners permission. How do I know? Well I run a site for some apartments and one of our photos is being reused without permission. What's more, the property depicted (Katerina Apartments - Acharavi) cannot be booked through ULOOKUBOOK.

That to me suggests quite a lot about the company concerned.
We used ulookubook in October 2009, at first everything was fine until it came to getting a refund for transfers, we decided to hire a car instead as the transfers where almost as much as the actual car hire, the rep said we can have a refund by all means, after four weeks wait nothing, so I called them again only to be told that they had refunded the money, they got really abusive when I politely told them that I had not had the refund and the rep said that they will only refund if I send them a copy of my bank statement, I told them that was illegal and asked to speak with a manager, she then cut the call.
As it happened I had to go to Newcastle the following week and went to their offices, I spoke with a nice manager who issued a refund there and then, the money was in my account a couple of days later, a happy chap I was until the holiday itself, I asked for a room overlooking the pool or main street, when I got to the hotel the manageress informed me that the travel company had called them three days earlier and asked for me to be put in the worst room the hotel have. We had a week in room with a view of the janitors office. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and they had no spare rooms for us.
NEVER EVER USE ULOOKUBOOK.
As with most of these type of holiday companies,they make a very small profit from selling on unsold holidays at a discount price. Theres nothing wrong with that, but as a consumer/traveller you must be aware of this.
If everything goes well on your holiday and you have no reason to contact the company then thats fine but if things do go wrong or your unhappy for whatever reason, im afraid your on your own, dont expect U LOOK U BOOK to even take your calls because they are not interested. I KNOW !!!
i am on holiday number 18 with ulookubook and never ever had issues with them..and if I have its been my fault because I got it wrong and not them...people pay very little for holidays now yet expect first class treatment...get a grip people ..they are a good value friendly company that get it right otherwise I would not be on holiday 18 and about to book 19...I have had more issues over the years with the so called big high street agents
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image