Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
futtbuck

thomsonfly wont let her pre-book the seats.
my bad I can't have read it properly.
don't worry happens to us all futtbuck :D
we always pre book out seats now and i list the reason why below

we went to alicante my youngest was 5 and eldest 7 my two kids were allocated seats down the front of the plane and us at the back, we were not happy with this and told the check in staff they advised us to have a word with the air hostess on embarking,

we did this and explained our situation they then asked the couple by us would they consider moving so our kids could be by us they refused which astounded me , they were then offered free drinks on the plane for the duration of the flight, they then decided to accept this, how i kept my gob shut i dont know.
so i always prebook the seats now in case this ever happens again my 2 kids and 14 and 12 now
You didn't have to stick with your two kids being together and you and your partner being together - if this happens usually each child gets a parent each.

But yeah, what on earth was the problem for a couple swapping? I would have been fuming too!
i forgot to add in that my two kids were a row apart from each other at the back and were not sitting together.this is why we were so annoyed. if they had been sitting together we could eassily have had a child each but as it was it was not possible.
I am not sure I would swap seats either if I thought the reason was that a family did not check in early enough or did not pre-book seats - especially as in this case it seems that the couple were being asked to move to seats that were in different rows.

If you want to guarantee seats together then you must either pre-book or get to the airport early or take your chance.

Pippa
Pippa
I totally agree with you.

We live 1.5 hours and 3 hours respectively from Manchester and Gatwick (on a trouble-free, traffic-jam-free run) and as such have always arrived very early (usually well before check-in opens).

We generally travel long-haul and I prefer a window seat as I don't tend to get up and walk about, just settle down to sleep.
As such I don't want to be disturbed by someone whose preference is to go walk-about and visit the toilet every half-hour.

If I've arrived early & got the seat I want, then I'm not going to give it up to someone who turns up 10 minutes before check-in closes, especially if it's a 12 hour flight & it would mean being separated from my husband.

However, on a short flight to Alicante it's more than likely that we would have agreed to swap.

Polly
Hi

We have been travelling with our three children since they were babies, and as there were five of us we normally got 3 seats one side of the aisle and two the other, or three seats in one row and two seats the row in front or behind; always enabling my husband and myself to sit with them although not physically sitting together ourselves.
On one flight when we had seats either side of the aisle our children wanted to sit together in the three seats, they were about 7 , 8 , and 12 years old at the time, so my husband and I sat in the two seats across from them. Prior to take off one of the stewards came over and said that they would prefer it if the children were not sat 'alone' and requested that my husband or I swapped seats with one of them so that all the children had an adult sitting with them, and that was only the width of the aisle seperating us. Now they are 15, 16 and 20 (not that the eldest comes with us now) I wish they would sit us on different planes let alone different rows :lol: .
We have never pre-booked seats and have never been sat at different ends of the plane, or even a few rows apart. As previous posts mentioned if you get to check in early or as it opens there should not be any problems with sitting together.

Rgds Jackie
On our flıght to Dalaman from Gatwıck we dıdnt book our seats for 2 adults plus 13 & 11 year old. We were allocated 4 aısle seats, two eıther sıde, each behınd each other (not explaınıng thıs well) Its not somethıng I would have thought of bookıng but ıt worked well for us and we lıked ıt, we could all stretch our legs and dıdnt have to bother people ıf we wanted to get up. Mıght be a problem wıth younger kıds though.

We were also gıven meals we dıdnt book. :shock: Everybody on the plane got a meal. Mıght have been because we were on a Portland holıday but they moved us to a mytravel flıght. :?
Doepsmc

I understood what you meant :)

I think with teenagers seating arrangements like these are fine; it's not like they are a million miles away from you. Also I think it makes it more exciting for them - they feel grown up that they are travelling 'alone'.

Roll on the days when hubby and me can travel alone :lol:

Rgds Jackie
Jackie

Been there done that and travelling on your own really is something to look forward to :D :D
hi ..paully ... :) double ditto your comments.........john-doe..
Just came back from Malaga on Sunday myself Husband and 5 year old we were split up. It wasnt to bad as we got 2 seats together and one behind the other 2. I am a very very nervous flyer. Son wanted to sit with me but I could have done with hubbie beside me.
Paully and Johndoe

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to bits but I can't wait :pele

Rgds Jackie
hi jackie... :) so do i and my grand kids,. but it great sometimes just to have the wife to look after...........regards....john-doe.. :D
i hope they put my kids at back of plane and me at front
Stumpy thinks your gonna be disappointed as majority of airlines have same policy depending on what age your children are, if they are youngsters they must have a responsible adult sat with them so get some ear plugs hahaha. Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.