Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
i got back last night and apparently last year was busier but lets just say sun beds were hard to find after about 11am
Every year when I am in Goa, the locals always claim that 'it was busier last year'. I have just returned from a month there and have never found it so busy ( admittedly some of that was the Christmas and New Year period) In fact I was a little upset at how busy north Goa is getting. I don't see how it can be any quieter, there are more and more charter flights arriving, not just from the UK but eastern europe too.
We were told by a restaurant owner (a German) that tourist figures from UK were down this Xmas by 35%. If they want this to improve I would suggest not charging everyone silly amounts for excess baggage on departure!! We love Goa but this really bothered us and are considering not going back. They seemed to be leaning on the luggage I think, because we were never 21kg over (£168), although they did quietly accept £80. Typical!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.