Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I've never booked off Teletext but have heard that the price you've seen will probably be a base price.
;) Always booked off teletext before internet came our way. I normally found when you rung about a specific holiday they'd say 'that's gone..BUT we have this one...' normally dearer too!
I would definatley go self catering in marmaris and not AI...you can eat somewhere new each night and its not expensive.
My advice is to PM John Toohey in the weather report section, he is works at Icmeleronline and MAY be able to get you a late deal but I would recommend BnB, some AIs don't deliver what they promise. Nothing wrong with using Teletext either. On the food front, the restaurants cater for all tastes but you will eat cheaper in the places where the Turks go, places like ALO24 or anything that has got the word Lokanta in it.

Les
sc all the way for us, you can get some great meal deals.
definitely definitely SC for me!!

there are 3 of us and we normally budget on 200 lira a day (approx £75) - thats gets us a breakfast, bread for lunch (buy stuff from supermarket) and an evening meal with plenty of drinkies!

total for flights, apartment, transfers and spending comes to just under £2,000 and for that we get to choose where we eat every night!!
alizda, can you recommend any good places to eat please, going in few weeks and money is tight.
mayfair restaurant is good - set price for 3 courses and not bad quality (some can be a bit dodgy!)

the rovers return is another good one. there's an italian/chinese/mexican on the corner opposite Cihanturk (can never remember its name!!) on the road leading down to andy's bar and black mirror - thats pretty reasonable too

we went 'up the back' to armutulan area too (mad boys, corner house etc) - the meals were not badly priced but found the drinks really expensive - they all said '2 for 1' but the prices were what you would pay for 2 down the front anyway lol!

if you want a treat and pay a little bit more then it has to be O Yes on the beach! fantastic!!

Tracey
x
Thank you everyone

Still not book :(
Thought we had found one

Now looking at icmeler SC

This has been the hardest holiday to book ever :(
flight prices to turkey make the prices a little higher - have you tried lowcostholidays, icelolly, travelrepublic, onthebeach (can you tell i trawl the holiday sites regularly!! lol)
Thank you so much for the ideas.. So much to think about.. :)

Looking at sunmasters and may have found somewhere not sure though
Have a look at Jet2 as they sell the Vela hotel AI for not much more than SC.
Its overlooking the new main square in Icmeler which was refurbished this past winter.
We prefer SC but there are just 2 of us and can understand why families go AI,
The hotel is available with other on line companies.
Hi
Just looked but they don't have that hotel available for the dates we can go..

Have found Apts in marmaris called the Seren apt hotel which is SC going on the
15/08 for about £1752 for 3 adults 1 child

dunno if thats good or not.. Flights are expensive at the moment and when we want to go..

also as never been to turkey we don't know how much money we would need for eating..
We would buy at supermarket for lunch and drinks and eat out at night..
not to fussy things like spag bol and lasange
Thanks for helping :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.