Hi, I hope someone can help. I am looking to go away next year - 2 weeks in Southern Italy self catering. Have found it really difficult to find anywhere. Options very restricted. Have found one place to stay - however cannot book direct with apartments and have been unable to find a package deal with an operator (ie Thomsons etc)
So im basically looking at using a 3rd party to book this now and the rating sites choose Travel Rep as the best of these. Ive read the horror stories from the few percent that have issues with these kind of sellers but as I don't have any other option I wanted some advice on how I can protect myself the best way possible
Firstly re flights - ive heard stories of people booking then being sent an additional bill later on because the company didn't book the flights till later when the prices increased and also failing to book till last minute and leaving people having to sort out own flights. Is this common practice. Is there anything I can do to confirm my flights are sorted?
Also there seems to be some problems with re to the transfers to the resort ie not turning up or turning up late and again leaving people to miss flights or rushing to the airport. How do the transfers work? Ive only ever used major operators before who sort all this out. Should I book the transfers myself or can I trust TR to do this?
Finally the accommodation. Ive read before that hotels etc have been known to cancel last minute due to overbooking. How common is this? As we are needing a specific kind of accommodation (self catering) in an area that doesn't seem to advertise anything other than hotels this is a concern. What happens if I arrive to find this has happened?
Or is there any other recommended 3rd party sellers out there?
Anything anyone can advise me to do to make sure this holiday works would be really helpful and appreciated. Thanks
  • Edited by holstyke 2016-07-27 06:48:26