Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Verona Opera
2 Posts
Hi

We went to see Aida 3 years ago - stunning!

We booked with a local travel agent in Riva and had a fantastic evening. Must admit the thoughts of going for the day and staying on seems alot. We were worn out after just the evening !

I'd do with a travel agent - they will give you info re what is happening!

Just a tip - they provide cushions but if you are tall take extra! Also you will need a torch! A really kind German lady shared hers - its for the programme so that you can read what' s happening next!

The build up to the opera was superb - its difficult to describe. Everyone eats their lunch on the terrace as the arena fills up. Its just ..... magical!
When we were there a British group started a Mexican wave and in the end the whole arena joined in - doesnt sound much but it was truelly magical.

Then you all light your small as the opera is about to start and the view / feel of the place is stunning.

I must admit, I'm a singer and like classical music but hate opera - hubby even more so. But we loved the opera - the spectical of it all is enough.

Aida - the story line is dramatic - very sad. I hate to admit that I cried in the last half an hour as they sealed everyone up in a tomb. The singing and setting was so amazing .............. expecially when you think that there is no amplification ........ stunning

A magical night!

Do go but it is a long night - we didn't get back until about 2. 30 am and were shattered. You'll be closer in Bardolino. I'd go with the travel agent locally so that you can soak in the atmosphere on the coach as you return.

Just to say - Bardolino - we're there for the first time in August at the Hotel Gritti for a week, and then a week in Riva at the Hotel Europa - hope you have a good time!

My opera loving hubby is the one insisting that we go to see Nabucco at Verona when we're there - I rest my case!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.