Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
We've been to Verona a few times, but unfortunately have never watched an opera in the arena. However, I have heard (on another forum) that for your comfort you should take some kind of cushion to sit on, as the stone seats get a bit uncomfy. Apparently you have to get to the arena at least an hour before the performance starts, so your 4 hours turns out to be a lot longer. Also, it can get chilly in the evening, so take a jumper just in case.
There are plenty of cafes and bars around that area, so I would nip in to one of those for your comfort break before you enter the arena.
I had a look on their website, and although they have a map of the seating areas, they don't show if there are any toilets unfortunately.
Verona is a lovely city, and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful experience.
We went to the arena during the day last Sept. There are toilets there, but not many of them and not very nice if memory serves me correctly. There are some public toilets in the square but I'm not sure if they would be open at night. But there are loads of bars around, as Tishtosh says.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.