Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi

A friend of mine is coming to turkey with me and my family she is traveling on her itailian passport will she have to pay the £10 visa charge ? :?

Maria
It doesn't matter where you fly from it's what nationality you are and according to the list Italians don't have to pay.
Hi, I went to marmaris at the end of June and I am going back again next week which is in the 3 months period, how do I go on at the airport regarding my passport, do I have to tell them or will they notice on my passport? Thanks.
Hi,

Does anyone know if they accept $20 or 15 euros as im travelling in from Moscow and its easier for me to pay with that currency.

Thanks in advance

Jonny
kristina, yes you have to tell them, otherwise they will stamp your passport again and you will have to cough up another tenner.

johnnyjohnny euros will be fine.

Elaine
I've often travelled to Turkey two, sometimes three times on the same visa. I just go straight to passport control. The existing visa has always been stamped with no trouble.
we didn't know about the visa fee. so paid in local currency. 30 lira each

make sure you take lost uk sterling...they love it,
Does anyone know if we will have to buy another visa. We are going to Turkey on 2nd June returning on the 9th and going again on the 25th August returning on the 31st August?? Many thanks
Juicyjude

Your visa will have a 90 day validity, so will last you till 31st August by my reckoning. Will you have left on the 31st? or is it an early hours flight. Think you will be OK, but just to be certain ask at Visa control when you go back.

Hope that this helps.
No I got the date wrong, we actually leave on the lst Sept! Oh thats a bit unfortunate isnt it!!! :?
we go at the end of july, then again in sept, so i dont thinkwe need to get visa's the 2 nd time we go.......

do we just skip that bit out then, and go straight to passport bit, ?

karen xx
Karen,

As long as you are within the three month period you just go straight through passport control.

Wilson ;)
thankyou for your quick reply wilson....x
Your return date must be in the 3 month period not your entrance date to Turkey otherwise you will be fined when leaving.

Dave
so we first arrive in turkey on the 24 july.......

then, we go home for the 2nd time on 24 september........

so we should be ok,
Work out when your visa will expire by adding 90 days to the entry date stamp in your passport.
someone told my husband that the visa gone up to 20 pound also .we go on friday so i would like to know if this is true or not hope someone can help.sue
The visa is still £10.

I have spoken to a couple of people who have travelled in the last couple of weeks and they have both said nothing has changed.
Chris is right Maz . It is £10 per person for each adult and child, well at least it was still that last year ,but you only pay it the once on arrival in a crisp tenner each ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.