Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks everyone, at least I will be prepared.
ireland is not the uk..their currency is Euros..and the visa is 10 euros.
Maz, you just pay the £10 entry visa fee, you don't pay anything on departure. The visa lasts 90 days.
Do visa cotrol accept £20 if 2 adults or has it got to be 2 £10 just exchanged scottish money into english money and got it all back in £20's??
A £20 is fine for 2 people but if only for one person you won't get any change!!
The visa is valid for 3 months.

That's why I go for two weeks in August & then again in September.

£10 is a small token to pay, to enter such a wonderful country.

Ekin Legend

:cheers :sun2 :tup
I was last in Turkey in April and my Visa is valid for when I arrive but expires half through my stay. What's the score with that then?
Your visa is valid for 90 days from your date of entry into Turkey in April.
Well I was last entered Turkey on the 4th of April.
Well from the 4th of April add 90 days to it, you know your departure date when you leave I dont, Do the calculation for your answer. :wave:
oooh, sound like advanced mathematics to me, I go on the 2nd but it'll be the 3rd when I get to Turkey. I'll have to dig the calender out.

By my reckoning it's exactly 90 days since I last entered.
On your departure date which is eithier the 10th or the 17th July, On the 10th you will have used 97 days of your visa so yes you will have to pay another one on entry into Turkey.
Zonda your visa has to be valid for the duration of your stay in Turkey ie right up to the last day you are there.

So yes, you will have to buy another visa on your arrival in Turkey this time.

Elaine
sorry rebecca i beg to differ, i paid a £20 for me and hubby last year and a £10 for my daughter and that was fine xx
From looking at gototurkey.co.uk, I believe Irish passport holders have to pay in euros (10).
I believe Irish passport holders can pay in sterling you would just have to pay £10 same as UK ones.
Does anyone know how much the visa is into Turkey when you have an Irish passport :D were heading on Monday from Belfast
Hi fiona if you look at the top of the page you will see the heading visa for turkey ,i am sure there are some posts there about irish passports. Have a good holiday. :sun2

Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.