Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The military airport comment made me reminisce, i have been going to Dalaman since 1998 and cannot remember it being military. But then again old age and blonde hair :rofl
Why is there a post on here about the British Embassy ? Surely the OP is asking about entry to Turkey ? :scratch:
Dalaman is still a military airport as its the same airport just a new terminal. The UK reps are allowed into the new terminal now.
My passport is full of Turkey visas and so was my last one.The visa lasts for 90 days so some folk get 2 visits out of one visa. I dont think £10 is bad.I am sure Mexico is £35 and the Dominican Republic also charge.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2009-03-12 21:31:56
For your £10 you get an official multi entry visa stamp that is valid for 90 days. A lot of countries impose visa fees and as someone said previously a Turkish person wishing to visit the UK for a holiday not only has to pay a lot more, they also have to complete an application form and apply for the visa beforehand and in a lot of cases they get turned down for it and don't get their visa fee refunded.

My husband is Turkish and even though he lives in the UK he still has to apply for a visa to the appropriate consulate if we want to go to any European country for a holiday.

So yes, your friend will have to pay £10 for his visa but it isn't so much of a hassle and it certainly isn't and "odd practice", with the amount of visas I have in my passport I'm glad it is as easy as it is!
AskCy, I think you should be thankfull the way you get the Visa in Turkey, No filling in stupid forms to gain entry into the country, All countries have seperate agreements with the issue of visa's even here in the Uk which is much much harder for Turkish visitors to gain entry and also more expensive, So really handing over 1 £10 note at the Visa kiosk alongwith your passport and a sticker inside it to gain entry into Turkey really isnt that bad a deal.
My 17 year old son is going to Turkey (Marmaris) in June with his friend and his friend's parents. This is the first time he has been to Turkey and I didn't know he needed to pay £10 for a visa. This is news to me. Does everyone going to Turkey on holiday have to pay this? :que
Yes, everyone has to pay. He just needs to take a £10 note and put it in his passport, when he arrives at the airport he just queues at the visa desk and they will give him a sticker and he can go to passport control as usual. It doesn't take long.
Just to add (especially for all us Scots out there!) - it's got to be an English £10 note, as they don't accept Scottish notes. Make sure he goes to the visa queue first - if he goes to passport control first, they'll just send him back to the visa one!
Hello All,

I've been reading all your posts and would like to add the following.....

When going for your visa, if there are 2 of you then put an english £10 note in each passport. NOT £20 note in just one and then hand the 2 passports over, as i have seen it where they ask for another £10 note, and people pay as they call security over.

so it's a £10 note in EACH passport ... this includes Children ... EVERYONE

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL :cheers

5 WEEKS till we go !! :sun2
I haven't had any problems paying with a £20 for 2 but it is probably best to have £10 each just in case. And yes, even children pay, my daughter was 8 weeks when I first took her and she still had to have £10 in her passport!
Thanks for that, everyone, I didn't know about this before and now he can go prepared.

Thanks a lot :tup
Hi Julie C,

you have nothing to worry about.

he will get off the plane, and everyone will head for the visa kiosk, so he just needs to follow the large amount of people, hand over his passport with a tenner in it, they put a little stamp in it .... twice the size of our postage stamps !!, then he heads for passport control, there they will stamp over the stamp, so it shows that he has entered turkey and from that date stamp it is valid for 3 months, on leaving turkey, after check'in he will go thru passport control and they will stamp over the stamp again with another colour to state he is leaving turkey.

I went twice in the 3 months and go 4 stamps on one visa !! it was nice to go straight to passport control instead of the stampeed to the visa kiosk !! :rofl

what part of turkey is he going ? he will love it, you should go too !!! :cheers checkout LYKIA WORLD in olu deniz, a bit pricey but its all in ( 5 star .. full board plus... NOT AI ) we go every year :fly its for everyone :whoops :offtop
Thanks for that Gregg :)

He is going to the Grand Pasa (5*) in Marmaris. It's all inclusive. He's going with his friend and his friend's parents. It will be his first holiday abroad without us so naturally I will be worried about him, but at 17 it would be mean of us not to let him go.

I'm sure he'll have a lovely holiday, the hotel looks good, it was only built in 2007, and it is £529 for a week, so it should be good! :really
hi,

i go to lykia world, but have heard most hotels which are ai are great, he wont want to come home !!
I am going to Turkey in September and was wondering if I need to pay the £10 visa for my daughter who will be having her first birthday while we are there ?
yes, everyone has to pay £10, whatever their age is !!

I know its daft to pay for a child that young but its to gain the visa stamp in their passport..... thats what your paying for. then for it to be stamped saying that they have entered turkey and again to be stamped on leaving turkey..... it is valid for 3 months so if she likes it she can return within 3 months and not pay again :rofl

we british ( UK ) charge the turkish alot more to gain their visa's to entre our counrty, i think its £70+ for them :yikes
It is a lot more than £70 Gregg and to be able to even come into the UK for a holiday they have to own property and have a permanent job so many people can't even come for a holiday.

Kristian, yes you do have to pay for your baby. I first took my daughter to Turkey when she was 8 weeks old and she still had to pay £10
Yes i know its a lot more than £70 thats why i put the " + " sign there.

I have a turkish mate, who would like to coome to uk for a holiday staying with my family and for us to show him around london and the theme parks but we have to give alot of our private details for him to obtain his visa, I just won't do it as the only thing they are not asking for is blood !!

Shame really as its my mate being affected, not being to see how other parts of the world live. some of the details they want are bank statements, household bills, I know its to see if he can be supported but there is a limit.

so for us to pay just a £10 each to enter turkey is not worth complaining about !!
hey...if i remember rightly visit visas for turks to visit us in uk like you say gregg its 165 lira, though by time biometrics are added on the price will be bumped up and as kedi says they have to basically prove they will return to turkey if for example they have business or property etc, my hubby before i met him applied for it to visit his brother in scotland btu was refused-at that time his brother was actaully a millionaire but it didnt matter as it was hubby who had to prove he could support himself, i think they have to show they have around £30 a day..........expensive visit eh! shocking when we pay just £10 for almost 3 months.... we hope to apply for settlement for my hubby to live here with me-the cost of applying is 1435 lira........not cheap and hard to get yet look how easy we go there,we take it for granted.....even for me to live in turkey for a year n get residence visa your talking a few hundred,still nowhere near as much as his will cost, anyway ill stop there before i get het up lol!x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.