Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Gosh! a lot of postings on what is a very simple procedure.
Gosh! a lot of postings on what is a very simple procedure.

Only if you know what your doing or you've done it before surely :que
NO! its been £10 for the last twelve years,its on all the Turkish websites,all the holiday companies advise you of it,What next,How do we get on the plane?Where do we sit? How do we know if its took off? What do we do when it lands,if its all that complicated go to Devon.
I don't think there is any need for such a sarcastic reply :yikes

Not every travel company does advise about this actually, I have had many people say they weren't told they even needed a visa and a lot of people book independently, i.e. flight and accomodation separately and they wouldn't know what to do do if they weren't told. I have seen so many people at the airport ging straight to passport control not knowing they should get their visa stamp first, then having to queue up again.

It may be simple for anyone who knows what to do but for first timers maybe not :que
Learn some manners Crossie & please don't shout at me nor insult all the members who have asked questions in this thread.

Not everyone has access to the internet

Many questions relate to the type of currency you can use (we have members on here where their countries currency isn't GBP)

If, like you the travel agents assume people know then they probably wont be told at time of booking

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :tut
NO! its been £10 for the last twelve years,its on all the Turkish websites,all the holiday companies advise you of it,What next,How do we get on the plane?Where do we sit? How do we know if its took off? What do we do when it lands,if its all that complicated go to Devon.

Only 12 posts and treating people like idiots, thank god most people on here have a little more patience.

As my father say's if you have nothing constructive to say then say nothing.

Dave
crossie wrote:

You'll find not everyone knows airport procedures inside out and knows what to do when they get to an airport. It can be very daunting if you've never done it before so please calm things down a little. We have a thread on the flight foum dedicated to airport procedures that was over 30 pages long until it was reduced to make it more concise. If you've never travelled to Turkey or any other country for that matter before, some might not be aware of the visa situation, where to get it from or what to do so this thread is very valid.

Darren
Not everyone has accsess to the internet,miss Chief,so how do they get on here,there is a question on flights asking what terminal at Manchester does Turkeuz Airlines use,now if the person asks the question on this forum,one presumes they have a computer,or knows someone who has,so why not log onto Manchester Airport website that gives this informatiion
crossie wrote:
so why not log onto Manchester Airport website that gives this informatiion

The information wasn't on the airports website when that particular question was posted, and still isn't on Gatwicks. Lets try and keep things civilised here. These message boards are here to ask questions and help others so they are better informed about their holiday, or in researching for their holiday. Regardless of wheather the information is out there or not, these boards are here to share information and experiences, regardless of the question. After all, there's no such thing as a silly question if you don't know the answer.

Darren
For a new member crossie you are not really going to endear your self to people by being rude are you?

People come on this site for information and advice and that is what other members give. We don't mock people who ask questions, or speak rudely to other members who try to help. If you have good advice to give then we would love to hear it but if you have nothing constructive to say maybe it best not to comment.
Post removed due to inappropriate content. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the site. Dazbo HT Mod
Can we keep things on-topic and civilised please.

Thanks.

Darren
Post removed due to inappropriate content. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the site. Dazbo HT Mod
We are flying into Dalaman next July, five of us have UK passports so £10 each there, but one of us will have a Republic of Ireland passport. Will he need 10 euros or will sterling be ok?

:que
liney,

They'll accept euro or sterling.

Darren
Thanks Darren, with the exchange rate in our favour (so far) we could save pennies by all paying in euros! :)
If you have a Britsih passport you have to pay in sterling though.
I'm a British Passport holder and I always pay in Euros. It won't save you any money though, I haven't been to Turkey since 2008 and unless they have changed the amount this year it costs 15 euros.

Judith
Don't forget that it's got to be English and Scottish notes though - if you're lucky enough to see a nice Visa person at the booth, they may let you get away with a £20 note for two of you, but it's best to pack a tenner each to be on the safe side..............

Oh and they seem to like nice new ones, rather than ones which are falling to pieces ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.