Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Does anyone know if I can pay visa with UK sterling although I'm not British citizen?

many thanks
I've got the answer.
Any EU member citizens can pay with $ or GBP or € :wave:
apologies if this has been answered earlier, but I always wonder why the cost for a Turkish Visa depends on your nationality/passport country

anyone happen to know?
Its all about seperate agreements between the Turkish goverment and the other Goverment concerned.
It actually doesn't bother me paying it.
Its something we should do ourselves to alot of other countries (and immigrants) who come into our country. It might stop alot of immigrants entering ilegally!!!

Lisa
cheers rwb
often wondered so thanks for that
Hi going to Turkey 21st july 09 can someone please tell me if each person travelling has to pay for the visa or is it just 1 per family,we are staying at the Sherwood breezes hotel in Lara beach can anyone give me some info we have got 16/17 boy girl with us,i have checked reviews they are seem good can you do boat trips etc from there its are 1st time to Turkey thanks
;) :)
Every person has to buy a visa, including children.
hello
im sure this has been asked before but i just want to make sure we have the right information
Entry visa in to turkey is it 10 euro with irish passport please , and also i live in southern ireland but have uk passport is that 15 euro
Have tried finding out but have found it bit confusing
many thanks in advance for replies
sandra
Hi Sandra

Irish passport holders are 10 euro or 15 euro for United Kingdom

Lynn
If you have a British passport you would have to pay 15 euros
Thanks very much kedi and lynn for your replies
sandra
We went to marmaris on 13th June this year and we are going back for a week in september, we arrive on 4th September and go home at 1.40 am on 12th September, we will not therefore be in Turkey on 13th September, will we still have to pay a tenner each ?

thanks

polly
Visa lasts 90 days, you will be over by a couple of days on your exit, buy another visa, don't risk it.

Fines are high on exit and they can also mark your passport that in future you need to apply for a passport in the UK before travelling, I think in the UK the 90 day visa is £70+

Dave
Thank you - I knew the limit was 3 months but did not know the exact number of days, shame we just miss it, but never mind.

Thanks again

Polly ;)
i know this is reapeating but we went to bodrum on 29th june and we are going again in sept returning on 20th of sept are we still covered by the visa and what do we have to do when we get to bodrum airport this time can we just walk through or do we stand in line still ?? thanks
marg
Visa lasts for 90 days,if 20th sept goes over this then you will have to queue for another visa,work it out.
Hi Marg,
I make it about 83 days? - I'm not red hot at maths though!
If it does work out at less than 90days just bypass the queue for the visa and go straight through to passport control. It helps if you offer passport with the page with the said stamp on it, open (especially if you have a few Turkish stamps). Have a great holiday!

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.