Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
mods - why does it say 'swear' when I put it the user name? If the posters name is not going to pass the swear filter then doesn't it need to be changed?

Denny
denny.53 wrote:
mods - why does it say 'swear' when I put it the user name? If the posters name is not going to pass the swear filter then doesn't it need to be changed?
:offtop it's the automatic censoring of certain words. The username in question is on the list. The username however is an acceptable everyday female name. It depends on the context / use of the word.

Darren
So how do I put her name when answering a post? I will have to use F a n n y?

Denny
Apologies Denny - of course I meant to say "Got to be English and NOT Scottish notes"
Thanks for correcting it and apologies for others if I've added confusion :duh

Re my user name, some sites pick up on it but some don't
The suggested way round it is "Fannie" as that gets through anything
[didn't think using my childhood nickname would cause so many problems to some programs ;) ]
My girlfriends passport expires in January 2011, and we return from Turkey on 3rd July 2010. Will it need renewing before we go?
What date in January? If it's after the 3rd she will be all right. If she does decide to renew the passport before the holiday she can get up to 9months extra on the passport.
30th January it will be. Just worried as her picture is quite young now and Birmingham Airport even commented that somewhere like American wouldn't let her in. We've been turkey twice before and they weren't fussed mind.
Don't worry, I can't see you having a problem.
do children and infants have to pay the visa?
Yes, I had to pay for my baby when she was just 8 weeks old, it is £10 for everyone.
Hi me and my husband are travelling to antalya on tuesday 18th may for a week where we will pay for two visas. We are then going to Dalaman on the 19th june with our 20mth old grandson. I know we will have to pay for his visa but will ours from antalya still be valid and if so do we just show them that visa at passport control? :que thanks for any replies in advance

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Your visa is valid for 90 days so you wont have to pay again. Yes, just show it at passport control once you have got your grandson's visa.
The visa is £10 per person. Hopefully going to Turkey next year, will hubby and I be ok paying with 2 £20 notes for us and our twin girls or do we need 4 £10 notes.
cate_taylor,

They'll accept anything as long as the notes aren't defaced or torn in any way.

Darren
Hi,

just a note on the use of £20 notes.

it is better if you use a £10 english note for each person including children in your party as i have seen it where some visa control desks take the £20 note and say you have only given them a £10 note .... some have even called security over so that person had to pay another £10 note.

it dont become cheap when your caught out like that, so be prepared with all Tenners put one £10 note inside each passport .... easy
I often used a £20 note for me and my daughter and never had a problem, I would just say it was two of us and give a £20 note along with the 2 passports.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.