Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
the day trip that you will be able to do from your resort will in the norm be to Tangiers. Coached down to Algecires and then on the ferry for an hour or so. Guides pick your group up in Tangiers usually for a quick coach tour of the districts of Tangiers. Thereafter you are taken around a local market....lunch usually included.....dont expect much - cous cous of a sort!! Ypou are always taken to various outlets where its obvious the guides are on a commission. However that said its not too painful...however you do sit through a display of local carpets...which ofcourse there is a bit of pressure to buy.....and also other souvenirs. You are normally also taken to a pharmacy for around 20-30 mins where they offer various potions for sale....follwed by another walk around the bustling streets. You will ALWAYS be approached by people on the street...they know that many day trippers come to Tangiers...and therefore it can be argued is not true "Morrocco"...but after saying that it gives you a short introduction to North Africa. After all that - it is an exhausting day and in my opinion worth doing at least once to experience the whole thing. Hope that helps....

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.