Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Haven't stayed there myself but had a good look round when we were in Menorca last October and was quite impressed with the complex and large pool. I wasn't so keen on the resort itself though as it totally lacks any Menorcan character and only has a tiny beach. Here are a few links to reviews of these apartments from people that have stayed there with a lot of info about the apartments and resort.
click here

http://www.realholidayreports.com/reports/reports.asp?id=73&hotel_name=Vista+Picas+Apartments

At the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page for the reviews of the Vista Picas apts.
Anyone know if these aprartments have air conditioning. Also, have heard there is a nightclub next door to these apartments, is this true????

Niki
The apartments don't have aircon Niki but not many 3 key complexes do. Can't comment about the nightclub as we visited during the day and didn't notice. I'm sure that if the nightclub was an issue, it would be mentioned in quite a few of the reviews.
i am thinking of booking a holiday yo minorca for may '06.

we have been to majorca, turkey, mainland spain, florida, greece etc but i have read that minorca is very expensive (5 euros for a vodka & coke).

i am looking at booking the vista picas apartments in cala'n forcat.

any advice about the cost, resort or apartments would be appreciated before i go ahead and book.

thanks in advance.

nemo.
Our reviews for these apartments are HERE

Our resort reports for this area are HERE

Both the above are available via links at the top of the forum.

We've been to Menorca a couple of times and I never noticed it being really expensive. As the resorts tend to be a lot smaller than those in Majorca there probably isn't the competition to get you into their bars so you may not get the BOGOF bargains.

One thing I would stress is that Menorca is a fairly quiet, relaxed Island. Early May might be too quiet as it is just the start of the season there if your planning on going towards the end of May begining of June then you should be ok.

Friends of mine went the end of April begining of May and it was far too quiet for them. We have always gone in June and it has been fine.
We stayed at the vista picas apts a few years ago, they were absolutely fantastic, very well equipped and well planned. They were also very clean and handy for shops/bars etc.

Bev :)
We went to Cala'n Bosch July 2004. I didn't think Menorca was paticularly expensive but then it wasn't particularly cheap either. I don't think anywhere in Euroland is cheap now is it? Talk to Greeks / Spaniards / Portugese as I do in business and they will say that the € has increased prices. I didn't think Menorca was much different to Majorca.
Having just returned from my first trip to Menorca, I would definitely say it was more expensive than the other places you mention.
although not in itself expensive on a one-off basis, on average restaurants are approx 20-25% more expensive than say Greece and Son Bou beach for example must have the most expensive sunbed/umbrella charges in the western world at 18 EUROS per day (Greece 5-8 Euros).
When we were in Menorca last year we found it expensive compared to other places but no more expensive than home.
Sue
Its not a club, just a late night bar which i doubt will disturb you at all.

Fantastic apartments, lovely balconies overlooking the pool, double beds, very clean and exceptionally friendly staff. Car hire is next door which is handy.

We had a week there and really enjoyed it there. Theres a very clean, large bar in there with entertainment for the kids throughout the day and night. The apartments had a living area with sofas, dining table and decent sized kitchen area.

We would definatly go again!
Hi Niki

We're thinking of booking these apartments next year and the price is much cheaper with Portland Direct than Thomson. If you haven't already it might be worth checking their prices out at

http://www.portlanddirect.co.uk

Michelle :sun
My partner and I went for a week (June 8th - 15th). We had a late deal and we were allocated on arrival. Were told we were staying in the Vista Picas Apartments in Calan Forcat. The apartments were absolutely stunning, better than anything we could have expected. Huge living areas, fully equipped kitchen and a double bed! Woo Hoo!! The pool area was fab as was the food the bar were serving (I don't know what the evening entertainment was like as it had usually finished by the time we got back).

The only downside during our week was the location of our apartment. We were in room 218 which is at the very end of the complex. We were quite literally next door to the "Blue Breeze Bar" situated in The Square. Most of the pubs in The Square were open from 6pm to 6am, one in particular (not sure who the culprit was) took it upon themselves to play house music for the entire week. I'm all for clubbing and pubbing, and I like house music as much as the next 26 year old, but I swear to the Menorcan Gods, it was as if the DJ was at the foot of our bed spinning away at his decks.

Thankfully, at night, there was a bit of a chill so there was no need to have the patio doors open, but in the middle of August.....I wish you luck!
Thank goodness I took ear plugs is all I can say (they didn't work 100% either, but they were better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick)!! We were thinking of asking to be moved, but as we hadn't booked to stay there originally, we didn't want to be seen as picky, complaining folk.

The beaches (more like coves really) were small and not all of them had facilities or snack bars, but they were stunning. There must have been a national jellyfish convention during our week, as there were hundreds upon hundreds of baby jellyfish covering the shore line. I'm not sure what the sting ratio is on a baby jellyfish, I was gonna risk it and plough my way through them, but then I had a scary moment when I thought, where the children are......surely the parents would be there too? Back to the pool for me! We did have a couple of swimable days early in the week, but as the week progressed, the arriving of jellyfish increased.

We ate in pretty much every restaurant in our immediate area. My personal favourites were The Grandfather (I recommend anything that is served with the Menorcan cheese sauce) which we went to twice and the La Brassas restaurant (which is apparently were most of the locals eat).

We caught the bus into Ciutadella (the bus stop is right outside the Vista Picas Apartments. It cost €1.25. On the way home, there is a garage opposite the bus station that sells the tickets for the journey home (I found this out after a really obnoxious man informed me of this). The reason being, there is such a huge queue of people waiting to catch the bus home, they've set up a garage across the road to save the driver time.

I loved Menorca but I wouldn't go back, even though we only stayed for a week, I feel as if we'd covered everything we could possibly need to.

Ta da! And that's it......our Menorcan week, signed, sealed and delivered during a Monday lunch hour![/b]
Hi there, I too noticed a few jellyfish around cala n forcat the year before last. It seems that every now and then you get large shoals of them around Menorca and Majorca. There is quite a large thread about them and how to treat the stings on the majorca forum.
have just returned from a two week holiday at the vista picas, this was our second visit with our two children ages 6 and 8,I find these apptments are ideal for young children, the kids club was excellent 6 days a week 1pm to 3pm and 3 nights 6pm to 7.30 my children got so much out of it. There was also water polo,volleyball, football.The pool area is so large that you don,t feel on top of each other and plenty of sunbeds to go around, the pool area was cleaned every night with not an inch of ground missed.The reastaurant and bar staff are the nicest people you could meet and can,t do enough for you. The evening entertainment was great with either shows or games reps v,s guests with no pressure to join in also a mini disco for the kids every night, the apptments were spotlessly clean with towels and bedlinen changed regulary. the resort itself is very family orientated with a lot of the bars have either bouncy castles and trampolines attached to them for about 3euros for unlimited time so you can have a drink and watch the kids bounce away there energy.There are many restaurants to choose from our favourites were The Grandfather and for exc english meals the black horse .All are within walking distance, there is a bus stop right outside hotel, also a supermarket and burger king.I would reccomend these apptments to anyone with young children as there is so much for them and if there happy we were happy 10 out of 10. [/b]
Hi,
Going to the Vista Picas Apartments in two weeks and just wondering if anyone knows if there are safety deposit boxes available at this compex?

Thanks

Cassie.
Hi Cassie

I dont know about safety deposit boxes but reviews can be read on the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/cala-n-forcat/vista-picas-apartments/

HTH
Biff
Going to Menorca on Wednesday and will be arriving around 9.30am and staying at the Vista Picas apartments in Cala'n Forcat.
Does anyone know what time the rooms are usually ready?

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.