Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Phuket - Laguna area - 1st - 10th March

Over 90 degrees every day (sorry have old temperature guage). Mainly sunny, scattered clouds. More cloud cover today and rained at 6.30 pm for about 15 mins.

Weather here does vary dependant where you are. It can rain in Surin (next bay) or Patong but not here.
16th April - still very hot, more cloud and rainy season is here early. Spectacular thunderstorms almost daily but mainly during evening or through the night.
Lots of lots of rain just about everywhere at the moment
Can someone please tell me what the weather is like in October/November please? I would love to visit Thailand but hate rain and only go to sunny places. Is October/November the wrong time to go? I know the weather can change from resort to resort so which one would be best to go to? Thanks for any help
Hi I am due to fly on Monday to bangkok and just out of curiosity decided to check the weather and by the looks of things its going to be rain and storms all week is this usually the case in April i am a first timer and really worried its going to spoil the wedding on the beach and rest of holiday?
:cry
Where's the beach?

You'd be unlucky to have your entire beach stay ruined by rain at this time of the year. I'd be confident that you'll be fine. Remember most tropical rains fall at night!
beach wedding is at koh samui 11/4/08.
We start off in bangkok four days pattaya four days then koh samui then ubon.
Thanks feel better knowing they mainly happen pm
Hi me and my friend are travelling on the 6th December for a month and was wondering how hot it will be in Thailand that month we will be travelling all over? can anyone help?
we arrived in Bangkok on the 27th December and it was hot :) I think you'll like it! It should be a good month to travel around. Where all are you planning in going? :)
Welcome to HT by the way!
Me & OH r going 1st nov. 2nts bangkok3kohsamui14phuket,keep lookin on HT forcasts,seems 2 b cloudy but hot.After the summer we've had!rain rain rain need 2 see sun,it's 1st time Thailand & 35th wedding anniversary when we're in Phuket.Everyody needs a break sometime!!

y
I'm very dubious of internet forecasts unless they give a good deal of detail. You often see the sights giving an icon for rain or thunderstorms and you've been sitting in the resort in brilliant sunshine all day.
Hi everybody,

I am currently in Pattaya, high season begin from next week and weather is very rainy! I am not sure this is typical as rainy season already ended ? Is that fine to rain all day long during October ?

Kind regards
Kal
We've had a wash out every day since I've been here (3 weeks ago), any ideas when the monsoons are over?
The Thai Met office site seems to have undergone an update. Its a pretty good forecast and reference site
http://www.tmd.go.th/EN/
thanks Sunbear- have added it to the first post :tup
Our usual time that we visit is around the first fortnight in June, and we stay in N. Pattaya at the Dusit Resort. This June we cancelled because of the troubles, and got a full refund. At the last minute we decided to go in September, and flew out on 16th for twelve days. We were pretty concerned re the weather, as most guide books and whatnot are pretty dire in their forecsts for this time. In the event the weathet was fine , two half hour thundershowers, and one one hour thunderstorm. All the rest of the time it was fine, sunny and very warm, if a bit humid So it does'nt pay to accept all of what either the guidebooks, or indeed the local weather forecasts predict, (they forecast daily thunderstorms for our entire stay which was way off the mark). As a result, we'd certainly consider this time in future for a break.
Alan
Hi all,

I really want to go to thailand but after 4 years at uni only just have the money now! Any advice on when the best time to go is because my travel buddy isn't great with searing heat, but I'm still desperate to get a good tan!

Thanks!
Nows a good time to go. Apart from the North, its always going to be hot. What is called the cool season (Nov to March) still produces daytime temperatures in the high twenties to mid thirties. On the Andaman coast (Phuket, Krabi, Khao Lak) this is the best time to visit as rainfall is low and the sea calm and clear. In our summer you may be better visiting the Gulf coast of Thailand, places like Koh Samui and other islands.

Even on cloudy days you can pick up a tan, sunny days it can be just to hot to sunbathe under the direct sun.
Hotel prices vary by season, its possible to pick up some great bargains which you might offset aginst having less reliable weather.
This may sounds like a stupid question, but what kind of hot is it likely to be? Dry heat is fine, as we can always just go for a swim to cool off, but we both hate that clammy, humid heat which means that you can't sleep and feel awful. It looks like it might have to be this time next year, if now is the best time to go! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.