Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Can any body give insight to the weather in Luxor over the Christmas/New Year break?? Thinking of booking....
I've been looking at wunderground (?!) and accuweather for the past few weeks lol! I fly to Sharm tomorrow at 9am yey! Weather is looking fantastic....but....strong winds at 4pm/5pm.....we land at 4.30pm!
what will the weather be like in july need to know what factor sun lotion to take with me
Take a look at the sticky at the very top of the forum - tells you everything you need to know there :) btw...it'll be hot!
In Egypt in July which is peak season I should think it will be very very hot. You'll need a high factor and plenty of it.

Sarah
I'll be disappointed if we don't see some high 40s, maybe 50 C in the sun.
Typically mid-30s paddling in the sea, 26-27 C diving down 20 metres.

What sun screen you need depends on the UV levels though - they'll be very high too. Take a strong sunscreen, don't worry there'll be plenty enough sun to still give you a tan after a week or two on holiday...
we were there in july last year and it was over 50 :tongue the factor depends on skin type. we took 20 for the kids and had to go and buy 35 for them for the first 5 days but they have olive type skin and tan easily. i put 20 on them the first day and after half an hour i could see their skin going red so had to go straight to the shop. me and hubby managed with 15 for few days then 8 then 2.. but like i say everyone`s skin is different..

sharon
going to csr on july 17 for 2 weeks and i will be a high factor ?as in 2006 i went to the same hotel with a factor 20 and got a little sun burn so this time i will have a high sun factor for a few days ?
I am always brown, but still wear factor 30 ambro solaire milk, with bronzing oil on top to get more brown, 2nd week go down to factor 20, usually i still have to buy some more from the local shop :rofl I never go red, just more brown, i dont go under sun umbrellas either, mad i know, but my sunbed is always dipped in the sea. We go in for a bite to eat around noon to get out of the sun, go back to the complex, have a shower freshen up before going out again. Only 5 weeks to go :sun2

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
I will need factor 5 gazillion I think. Despite having dark hair, I have really fair skin (stems from being a natural red head when I was born!) so I go a delicate shade of lobster after about 15 minutes even with factor 40 on. The boy is the same

What do you suggest for us..I will be diving most days but the boy will be out and about..and is a gitt for not wearing cream or forgetting to top himself up with it!
See you at Sonesta Beach resort Michelle!
What date are you going to the SBR justval?

I would always apply very high factor, wear sun bonnets and t.shrts for kids, and drinking plenty of liquid.

Diving, you still get brown, but wear what you are comfortable with.

Every night i am at the Oonas bar on the roof with the shisha pipe, come and say hello :tup

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Hi all,

I am thinking of going to Sharm in November (either the 10/11 - 17/11 or 17/11 - 24/11) Will the weather still be hot enough to tan? Will it still be very sunny? Will it be cold at night? All those kind of questions, any adivce/knowledge welcome

Thanks in advance
i would say that it would still be warm and maybe need a cardi in the evenings. i'm sure if you read through this thread you wil find what you are looking for.

Ola
hi

just come back from sharm. may 18th

very hot during the day 36
very warm at night til around midnight, starts getting very windy, but the wind is very warm.

first thing in the morning was very windy............but again very warm wind.
the sun got up about 6am, and i was up and on the jetty at 7am. hot enough to sit in sun.
Would you say it would be about the same in November or slightly cooler
Hello all :wave:

Heading to Luxor or Monday but the temperature is 40 degrees+. Is it possible to do anything at the temperature other than stay in the hotel? I was thinking of taking my tennis racquet to use their tennis courts but the intense heat is scaring me.

Thanks
Thinking of booking a week in Sharm from December the 12th will the sea be warm enough to swim in. What is the weather like generally this time of year.
Please excuse me if this has been asked before

Could someone let me know what the weather is like in Sharm. We are going on the 6th November for 2 weeks. What sort of clothes do I need to pack ?
Many thanks x
it is usually warm in the day but can get a little cool at night..perhaps you might like to take a cardigan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.