Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
will it be warm in december going for my bithday will we be able to sun bathe
sa
Hi, the weather wont be too bad, i know a lot of people go at Christmas and they say they get on the beach. Heres the temperatures from last December 2007 to give you a guide.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/HESH/2007/12/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Hi there

I wondered if anyone could help me with a little bit of advice? Basically I have been on holiday to Sharm El Sheikh but that was in the month of June and it was really hot. My boyfriend and I are looking at booking a holiday to go over again to Sharm El Sheik but at the beginining of Decemeber and so I wondered if anyone could let me know what the weather is like out there then?

I dont mind the evenings being a lot cooler and realise that it wont obviously be as hot as when we went in June but wondered roughly what the temperature is likely to be as we dont really want to go if it is not really that warm?

Any advice would absolutely brilliant!

Many Thanks in advance!

George
We are going back on the 24th November for a week until the 2nd December, i can certainly let you know when i get back. To be honest the friends we have met there have basically said it will be middle 70s in December, but cooler in the evenings, eg, windy. I too came back this year in June and the heat was over whelming, we are hoping this time, that we can sit in the sun, as opposed to hiding from it :wave:

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Just been looking at a couple of old photos from our trip in December a couple of years ago.
One of the party had the distinctive white glasses on, so it must have been hot enough to tan.

As mentioned we soft southerners need to wrap up a bit in the evening though.

One of the photos showed the temperature board displaying air 28, water 23 and pool 20 but I reckon the pool was in fahrenheit!

Biggest problem is the wind, in the shade it is fine.
Off to Luxor at the end of April for a Nile cruise. I have just read something and wondered if anyone had been affected by it?
From the http://www.touregypt.net/climate.htm website
The winds, known to Europeans as the sirocco and to Egyptians as the khamsin, usually arrive in April but occasionally occur in March and May. The winds form in small but vigorous low-pressure areas in the Isthmus of Suez and sweep across the northern coast of Africa. Unobstructed by geographical features, the winds reach high velocities and carry great quantities of sand and dust from the deserts. These sandstorms, often accompanied by winds of up to 140 kilometers per hour, can cause temperatures to rise as much as 20° C in two hours. :yikes
going to csr begging of april 09, i know it will be lovely and warm in the day but what about evening/night time temps, i was thinking more about watching entertainment outside and if we will need a cardi on
Middle october i will be going on the nile cruise for a week and then onto Hurghada for a week

Could anyone tell me what the weather is like in october?

Are the evenings alot cooler?.
Hi All
Off to Sharm 30th April for 1 week, looking at other replies i'm guessing it's gonna be hot during the day but whats the temp like at night. Does it go cooler at the beginning of May

Cheers
Shaz
hi not really sure this classes as a weather question but here we go, when we go beggining of april we should land at about 4.30 pm then probably end up at hotel CSR 1 hour later, was wondering if it will still be light then around 5.30 / 6.00 or will it be getting dark, im hoping it is still light as would love to take in all the sights of hotel when i get there
hi not sure if this is a weather question but we should land in sharm at 4.40 approx and to CSR an hour later, does anyone know if it will still be light at that time or does it go dark early, thanks for any help
off to sharm next week. will shorts be ok for night time or will it be to cold?
thanks andy
We came back from Taba on the 3rd February. The wind starts picking up at 5pm, and it does get quite chilly. Lovely and warm in the daytime, plenty of sunbathing opportunities. Hubby usually lives in shorts, but even he was wearing linen trousers and cropped trousers of an evening. Taba is usually a few degrees colder than sharm because of the mountains, but I would still say the evening would be a little nippy! :)
Hi. Never been to Egypt before. We are booked for 2 weeks mid july, to the new Sunrise Tirana, i know it will be hot, can anyone advise what sun factor for kids age 13 and 9 also adults. (which brands would you recommend).
Thanks

Rambo
It's not so much the heat, more the direct, more overhead sun and clean air - combining to give more exposure to UV.

SPF depends a bit on their skin type, and past exposure - but I'd say 50 for sensitive skin areas (under the eyes etc) and at least 30 elsewhere, perhaps a bit lower as the holiday progresses and they build up some natural protection - and also loose t-shirts. A non-oil spray for the hair/scalp (usually about #15) is also good for everyone.

Of coursde, some authorities would recommend full body suit and stay indoors :really

Don't worry about returning without a tan, there will be plenty of sunshine to get a good colour even with this approach.
Thanks alanwall.

Yes was looking at a factor 50. My son has the best skin as he goes brown very quickly but still want to protect him with a high factor.. My husband, daughter and myself have to be a bit more careful so will avoid the mid-day sun and sunbathe with care. Is it a dry heat? Our hotel has loads of waterslides and is by the beach, it is a new hotel and there isn`t much surrounding it either.

If you have any other info/tips whilst in Egypt it would be greatly appreciated. (been told swim shoes are a must).

Rambo
looking at weather reports for sharm it seems to me as it is not as hot as i thought it would be, i am hoping it seriously hots up in the next few weeks or i fear i will have a cold disapointing holiday
Hi there,

anybody been to sharm mid september to early october for rough weather guide?
cheers
Around the mid 90s in Sept and a degree or so lower by the beginning of Oct, not that you would notice the drop ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.