Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
can anyone tell us about the weather in sharm el sheikh in december
It doesn't rain much!

We've been in December 3 times.
It was windy on every occasion, but whilst in the wind wasn't cold, out of the wind was hot.

The sea was warm enough for me to stay in until I got bored, but the pools are a different matter, they are much colder than the sea and only for the masochists unless you get a hotel with heated pool.

We spent every day wandering around in cossies apart from when we went for food, in the evening it was shirts and trousers - no coats.

As mentioned the biggest problem is the wind chill factor. I am not sure how windy it is outside of December but it was certainly a major factor in all our holidays.
Last year we flew home on the 1st December, the nights were very cold, i had long trousers on and a cardi, and when on the roof top bar i had several blankets around us all as well. Temps drop at night, it was 15 degrees c, where as in the day it was 78F. I would recommend a light jacket in the evenings.

Michelle x
I've been checking the weather for Hurghada over the past couple of weeks or so and there seems to be a persistent north/north westerly wind of anything up to 40km/hr.

Does this take the edge off the temperatures to any great degree, or present any problems with sandstorms/air quality?

Cheers, Sid
Hello

Im off to Sharm on Friday and almost every forecast Ive checked says rain Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon......could this be true!!! I've never had rain once in Egypt!

My SIL is going to Sharm in August :tongue with her 14yr old son. Roughly how hot will it be as I'm thinking it's going to be way too hot.

Thanks
Hi we are all amazed at the weather in Sharm at the moment. It has been windy and very very cloudy. It was raining yesterday.

August is one of the hottest months and temps can reach mid 40's.
You're welocome Glynis - it has been very unpredictable - clear blue skies today. At least we can still arrange a BBQ though and not like in UK!
Hello, im of to Hurghada September 18th for 2weeks and although iv looked at the website posted im still wondering if im going to need a cardy at night? The temp seem to be high at night but its supposed to be windy, so im not sure. My baby will be 18 months when we go so will she need a jumper at night? also- will she need pj's at night or will just a vest do. With her not having luggage allowance i dont want take to much stuff that she wont need. Thank you for any advice given. Stacey
Hi Stacey very much doubt she will need PJ's although might need light cardi 4 eves x
Cheers nana, does that mean i might need a cardi at night 2? is the wind in hurghada as bad as some say? x
Hi I have only been to Hurgh in June and it was windy but not at all cold and I didnt need a cardi in the eves. I would take a lightweight one - I always need one for the plane anyway.

I have never needed one in Sept in Sharm.

Have a great time.
Does anyone one now what the weather is like in march plz :sun2
Hi can someone tell me what the weather will be like Janurary thanks just booked for Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort Makadi bay.
Is it hot .. i was told my someone that the often have sandstorms in April and you cannot go out?
I have been in April going into May and i found it quite hot in the day, 80s, 90s. At night we were told to take a cardi, but never wore one, i remember washing and pruning my hair to hit the club at night and i looked like wurzel gummidge by the time i came out of the hotel as i was wet through under my hair :duh April is a very nice time to go.

As reguards sand storms i don't know, we had one in July once, it was the only time English people could have a sun lounger without the Italians bagsying them from midnight :tongue
Hi, going to Taba the 1st two weeks of Decenber just wondered what the weather is like that time of year, is it good sunbathing weather? Never been before at this time always been in oct or June.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.