Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi,
Never been to Crete before and are thinking of taking our 9 year old to Stalis in July and have read that it can be pretty hot there in July/August. Although he is pretty good in the heat as long as there is a pool or a beach but was just wondering if there is a sea breeze and does it cool down at night?
My wife and I take our daughter (now 7) most years in July. There is usually a westerly breeze which brings big waves during the day. It drops at night and can be very warm so make sure you have air-conditioning. It's not too hot for children but you do need to do all the usual cover-up procedures during the heat of the day.
I'll make sure the apartment has air-con! thanks for the reply.
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and just wondered if there are any members based in Crete (or very recent holidayers!) that can tell me the weather in Maleme or Chania at the moment?

There are many websites that report different temperatures - just want to know what to pack!

If anyone reading this has been at the end of May before, please can you let me know if I will need a cardi/jacket at night?

Thanks!
Looking to book for may half term next year 22nd may for 11 days. what are weather conditions in crete for that time of year?
if you go to the wonderground weather site you can look back at the weather history over several years
We came back from a weeks holiday in Sissi, Crete on May 20th this year, it was hot and sunny all week, around 27C, and never saw a cloud all week, not sure if we were lucky or not.
I am off to Chania on Tuesday for a week, I always check BBC weather before I go on holiday and find it very useful.... going to be 94 on Wed and Thur so goin to be hot hot hot :)
Hopefuuly we will be that lucky too!. Boked it this morning :)
May is a wonderful time to go to Crete. We always go around May.

Have been there when the temperature has touched 100
I asked the question a few years back about which Greek Island would be best for May and the responses I got were that Crete, Rhodes and Kos were the best options.

In the end I ignored that advice :really and went to Zakynthos and had 10 days of 25c+ temperatures. Was just a bit cooler when we landed but it got out lovely.

The only thing we found with May was that not everything was open, but as long as there was one bar and one restaurant we would have settled for that (there was far more than that tbh).

Have fun :tup
I am went to Zante 4 years ago in May for a week and the weather was nice about 25+
we always go away whit week and rhodes was steaming 30+, tsilivi late 20s but spain was sometimes mixed and not as hot as the greek islands
Hi
I go to crete in the first week of june and have done so for the past 2years it has never under 30c and out of all that time had one slighty cloudy day would of thought if you are going the back end of May you would very near the same sort of weather.

Cheers Andy
We have changed our holiday this year from Spain to Crete(Louis Creta Princess) we will be there from Oct 14 for a week and was wondering what the weather is generally like this time of year?
October can be a bit changeable but temp should be fine. If you are unlucky you might experience some rain. However Ive been at he end of october and the weather was great ... temp in the 20's and no rain for the week and sunny on the beach everyday.
Crete is such a wonderful island Im sure you will find it adorable too. Lots of interesting places to visit. :wave:
Thanks john, went to Cyprus at the end of Sep begining of Oct a couple of years ago and the weather was excellent, hoping for more of the same :tup
hi...myself and two friends are going to crete oct 3rd for one week....staying at st konstantin...if anyone has any info on the hotel or the weather for that time of year i would be greatly appreciated....many thanx
Hi i havent been on here for a while, :( :( :( :(

Just wondering has anybody been to crete in october?

wanted to know what the weather is like!

myself, my husband and 3 children fly out on the 14th for a week in louis creta princess in maleme, chiania.

been looking at weather reports for the next 10 days and its rain, showers, rain, eeekkkk!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.