Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
oh dear sue- bet the arrivals thursday were thrilled!

Remember last year we arrived on the thursday- and it was raining- not best happy!!! - but within 2 hours of arriving it was belting hot-and stayed like that for the full week- apparantly the two weeks previous to this had been the same cold and raining- just glad we didnt book the week before. :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for info.

belly
Still looking at next weeks weather, does not look promising yet still showing cloudy
Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid. I'm sure there was a thread on here a good while back that had webcams mentioned, but I think Costa Teguise was the main one mentioned.
I'm sure there is one, it showed the front around where Brannigans and Tropicana are (well, I think Tropicana is no more). I'll see if I can find it
:whoops :whoops decided I had to come back here and confess to anyone wondering why they haven't heard of Brannigans or Tropicana, Brannigans is actually the Brasserie and Tropicana was Tropical (but is now a posh perfume etc shop) :whoops and I cant find the webcam so its a definite possibility I dreamed it :yikes oh the shame!
Well booked, give up on looking at forecasts, arrive Thursday 26th for a week
Glad you posted that shorty123, as I thought I was going mad there :rofl Have never heard of a bar called Brannigans :rofl or Tropicana for that matter :cheers

bejay, I have been into Puerto del Carmen this afternoon, and it wasn't too bad! The sun did come out from between the clouds fairly often :)
That's better! Have woken up today to bright sunshine and blue skies, for the first time in days! Hopefully that's the end of the dreary weather for a while :cheers
bejay, not sure I know where you're staying, but if it's Puerto del Carmen, it's hot with a strong wind. There are people down in town wearing hardly any clothes :really In fact some people were just walking around the streets in bikinis :yikes

If you're staying up in the hills, things are a bit different, cloudy, windy and not hot :(
Does anyone know where Bawbee is?

He used to post the weather on here just about every day for years.

Hope he's ok.
Don't know wilwak, Bawbee has been gone a long while now!
My daughter is in Playa Blanca at the moment and they are having very high temps, high 90's. Think all canary islands are experiencing this as forest fires are raging in Tenerife and La Gomera!

This is when we really miss Bawbee for his daily updates and insight into weather conditions! Makes you realise just how vigilant he was.
Is there no way of contacting Bawbee by PM? Does anyone have a email for him?
Not sure we should be contacting him. There is obviously a reason why he no longer posts on here, or on Trip Advisor.
For anyone that's interested there is a guy on the Lanzarote forum on Trip Advisor that posts weather updates daily.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.