Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
wedding
26 Posts
thank you for your reply, as anyone one ever used the wedding planner service, or is it easier doing it yourself. :)
dawn1511 wrote:
my doughter is thinking of geting married in goa at christmas has anyone now how you go about i :que

Thinking? Is she gunna try and find a groom over there :rofl

Sorry couldnt resist.

We thought about it but the paperwork/red dusty tape put us off.
Hows about a small civil ceremony here then a Goan blessing soon after.
thats what my brother did surf, married here and had a family do out in goa , on coco beach, it was all organised via rita shack, she sorted everything, saris, cakes , boats was a nice day i was having a massage with a gnt while my brother and his wife was getting covered in cake and the rest of our families partied on what was then a half decent beach way back in 96. i would personally get married in the taj resort or fort aguada they will im sure cater for this type of thing as they both nice resorts and have the scenery and gardens. but wont come cheap .
stavros wrote:
thats what my brother did surf, married here and had a family do out in goa , on coco beach, it was all organised via rita shack, she sorted everything, saris, cakes , boats was a nice day i was having a massage with a gnt while my brother and his wife was getting covered in cake and the rest of our families partied on what was then a half decent beach way back in 96. i would personally get married in the taj resort or fort aguada they will im sure cater for this type of thing as they both nice resorts and have the scenery and gardens. but wont come cheap .

Sounds class! Maybe a blessing for our 25th.....although my first is in June :think
I got married in Goa on 8th january this year, the wedding was held at Pilern? catholic church and then a convoy of tuk tuks and the wedding car, all decorated with ribbons and flowers made their way back to the back of whispering palms (and miracles the traffic gave way to us all and the tuk tuk drivers didnt overtake anything), at the back of whispering palms there was an elephant waiting for us, so in full wedding dress I had to climb onto it (was a big elephant), this took us down to Monicas shack, which had been all decorated, lights up ready for night and on the beach. We started Goan style with a sort of apples and lemons dance so all the guests got in the mood, then the toasts and cut the cake, with snacks, we has a buffet at about 8.00pm, the buffett was decorated with huge ice carved elephants, the food excellent (what we had chosen to have), we danced till the early hours of the morning, had a twenty minute fire work display and fire eater. Monica organised it all for us ( you can have a blessing on the beach if you want). It was the best day of our lives and all of our guests had a great time as well
If you want any other information send me a pm
(ps didnt cost a fortune either or anywhere near one)
Hi Lashman
Sorry we missed your big day, :cry We really wished that we could have stayed a bit longer, but they wouldn,t hold the plane..... :que
Glad to hear everything went sweet for you.
Will you be posting any pics in the gallery for us all to see?

Gary & Tracey xx
Gary & Tracy

Have sent you a pm
We have booked to stay at the Silver Sands hotel in Candolim in November 2008.My partner and i would like to get married on the beach whilst we are there.Does anyone know if this is possible?
We have both been married before and would like a small ceremony with just a few friends.
Advice and how much it would be great thankyou.
welcome to the Goa forum! Have a look at this this thread for some useful advice. Congratulations :cheers
yes it is possible, i've seen weddings before. use your travel agent for info.
Bobbys shack does excellent weddings i believe,you can contact them via their website,good luck.
That`s if there`s any shack`s left by then !!!!
We've seen quite a few weddings at the Ceu Mar shack which is part of the Silver Sands hotel, I'm sure if you contact the hotel they will be able to help.
I got married January this year, although we did have a civil ceremony in the UK first, we then had a church blessing in Goa and our reception at Monicas Shack, a convoy of tuk tuks to take our guests to church then we arrived at the reception on an elephant across the beach from Whispering Palms, Monica can also arrange a blessing on the beach if thats what you want, sent me a pm if you want any futher information
Bobbys shack does excellent weddings i believe,you can contact them via their website,good luck.

........and would you be happy for your guests to use Bobby's toilet? :yikes
Ive been in touch with an internet company that does beach weddings but it's only a blessing,we really want a proper legal wedding in Goa.
Any more ideas anyone please>
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.