Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Wedding help!!!
3 Posts
Hi :welcome to the forums.

From what I've researched on the net, if you neither of you are a resident of Spain then you need to perform the civil part of the ceremony in the country you reside in.

There are wedding planners out there but could be expensive.

Congratulations 💗

Please let us know how you get on.
Hi.
You mention 'church' in your post and unless you are both Roman Catholic, you cannot get legally married in a church by a priest in Spain...note the word legally.

My son (and his now wife) both live in Hong Kong, she is RC and my son was C of E. He had to convert to RC and attend some kind of 'lessons' with a RC priest in HK, many months before their wedding in Seville.

It also depends on the priest. In my son's case, I had to find his baptism certificate, his confirmation certificate and find a vicar who would endorse that these were genuine documents and that he knew my son in a letter with an official stamp.

As my son hadn't been to church for about 20 years, I had to ask a big favour from a retired vicar that knew us both when he was the vicar of my parish.
I had no idea where these things were located in the house and I couldn't even remember if we still had them or if they'd been damaged and thrown out after having a flood a few years previously.
The point of mentioning all this, is because the priest in Seville wanted copies before they could progress any further with regards to a church wedding.. They had a wedding planner, but I still had to find these documents for the priest.

If you're both practising Roman Catholic's, it will be easier......If you're both Anglicans, the link below should help you.
Looking at the link, they are wedding planners, but they give the impression of being a little bit more flexible on packages and prices.

http://www.mallorca-celebrants.com/

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.