Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi there,
We got married in Kenya in September 1999. Our resort was Diani Beach and was fantastic. The wedding was fab, we were there for 3 weeks and only saw 1 other wedding which we thought was good, not like Dominican where they rattle through them. We had African dancers (not Masai dancers) at the wedding which I would highly recommend. The staff made the day really special. We had the wedding video'd and a photographer but I was a bit unsure of this so got people we met to video and take photos with our cameras but as it turned out the pros were very good. We were going to get married in the afternoon but decided on the morning thinking it would be cooler, how wrong we were. My husband is in the Royal Navy and got married in uniform which was very heavy and I was in full bridal so by the end of the photos and the dancing we could hardly breath, so bear that in mind. Have a fab time I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If there is anything else I can help with I will be happy to oblige.
Janb
I'm getting married in December this year in Kenya.
Not sure where yet, have been looking at the Scorpio villas in Malindi & the Serena Beach Hotal in Mombasa.
Anyone been to or got married at these hotels recently?
Any advice appreciated.
Hi Jan,
Thanks for the reply & the advice.
I'm looking forward to the wedding in December & having a good time.
Denise. :love
Don't know about these hotels but my friends son got married at Hemminways last year.
Hi,
Where is Hemingways?
Did they have a good holiday & wedding?
Denise.
Hemingways is next door to Turtle Beach. They did it all independently and it is Italian owned. They said they had a brillient time, which included a safari.
Who did they book with?
Did they use a brochure to see where they would be going?
Did they book everything with them ? flight, hotel, transfers etc.
The brides father knows the owners of Hemingways so thats why they booked it. They booked the travel independently, travelled with Kenyan Airways who arranged all the transfers for them. Arranged the safari when they got there, much cheaper than through a travel agent. Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.