Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Longwoods were very good when we used them. Mytravel were good until they merged with Thomas cook and now they are dire. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy :yikes
Try Magicbreaks & or Jetline.

Nicki
Kuoni Travel used to be very good for varied options.

Not sure if they still exist as I've been out of UK since March 2004, now living in Cyprus.

CwB
Seems nobody has heard of Q.E.A.

Their website is questfortheegyptianadventure dot com
The guy I am dealing with is the MD called Dr John Ward CKT.b. or Dr John Richard Ward LD.KT. in his emails. He also signs that he is a member of the Historical Preservation Society.
They advertise as being in association with Karnak Travel and EgyptAir

They have organised a very good itinerary for us and I am very interested but also fearful as nobody seems to have an opinion on them either way.

Thanks,

James.
hi
we have booked with fasttrack holidays who offered us a really good deal and last year we booked with apollo travel. both can be found on the internet. For the cruise i guess it depends what you like, both last years boat and this years are the older boats. there are some newer ones which look very nice but i guess you may have to pay more for them. If you ring them and type the name of the boat they offer you in google you should be able to see what they look like. Last year we paid with apollo £570 each with all excursions included on a full board basis, followed by a week all inc in hurghada. This year we paid £629 for the same but opted to omit the excursions on the boat as we have done them once and would rather go on the optional ones. Hope this helps you
lotty
Hi

Back in 2001 i took my then 12 year old son on a 3 week tour of egypt through first48.com

Something very similar to this http://www.first48.com/activity/adventure/egypt/index.php

I booked our own flights to and from Cairo (i think u can get them REAL cheaper now than you could then), and in total didnt pay much more than £800 - £900 for the 2 of us, for 3 weeks and our own personal tour guide taking in Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, a 3 day nile cruise and a week in Dahab.

Was the best holiday ever!!
fangio99 wrote:
Seems nobody has heard of Q.E.A.
[<snipped>]
James.

We've used QEA twice in the last two+ years. Everything was tailored to our specific requests and we saw areas of Egypt that we didn't know existed. Great. Off the beaten track trails are not for everyone but we requested good accommodation at each stop-off, and we got it. I loved the more isolated areas and deserted temples and tombs with no tourists rushing around and being pushed through with great speed. Our two tours have been more than we could have expected and we'll be using them again. Good local guides are used too, a bonus in my opinion. I'm in Egypt now and if I had time I'd be using QEA for a short trip in to the desert wilderness :) Well priced, run on a small company basis but worth using in my opinion - especially if the hordes of tourists put you off (they do me!).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.