Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Only thing to do in Bruges is eat chocolate and drink beer. One bar we visited had 440 different brews available.

The brewery trip will get you out of the cold and you visit a bar at the end and they give you a free glass of Straffe Hendrik which tastes okay but it is rocket fuel.

Chips and mayonnaise is a local favourite as well.

A walk up the 300 step belfry will keep you warm and wrap up for a trip on the canal.

River of Love and a look round the old Almshouses is worthwhile and the squares and cobbled streets are so quaint.
thanks for that Mickrory,may have to try the rocket fuel!!!!! if only to get warm..thats if we make to Kent with all the snow!!! may pass on the chips as I am watching my weight....but thanks for the info..very helpful...cheers!!!!

tina+t :lol:
If you're into churches, visit the Chapel of the Holy Blood - it's on one side of either 't Markt or 't Zand (the 2 main squares)
went here last summer for the day kids loved it,
http://www.boudewijnpark.be/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.