Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
What to Pack??
7 Posts
Days should be good evenings quite cool
recently returned from Makadi Bay where ski jackets were the preferred choice of clothing for the evening!
bloody hope not as i wont be taking a big winter coat. will just have to drink more alcohol.... :cheers
Doesn't alcohol make the body cooler? :rofl

I'm going a week on Monday and hoping it's not too cold at night. I'm hoping just cardis will be ok. I normally wear 3/4 trousers at night though, and I'm thinking they'll not be warm enough. Our hotel (Magic Life) has an amphitheatre so the entertainment is done there (outdoors). We might not like the entertainment much anyway, we often do end up skipping it if it's not very good.
I was in Sharm last Christmas and was fine with just a cardi and linen trousers for the evening. Not sure if we were just lucky and I usually feel the cold. Took a pashmina to wrap up on the plane.

Have a great trip! :)
just returned last night and got to say it was pretty cold at night, very windy too. needed a cardi, shawl and one night my coat. didnt wear 3/4 trousers took long trousers and they were needed. it was warm during the day and was getting warmer each day. we did have a massive thunder storm one evening and it rained for about 1/2 hour, the following day it was overcast until lunchtime, however when the sun came out it was boiling. pool far too cold to venture into, did try it once but got straight back out. :cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.