Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Yes definately get your euro's in Sidari, my mate lives there, her bf works in one of the apts, so I am in regular contact, the best so far, about a week ago was £1.19 on the strip, there are two on the strip in Sidari that are really good, one next to Memories restaurant and one just a bit further up from there, I will keep you posted when she txts me on whether its gone up or down, but the euro is terrible here, so I am exchanging most of mine in Sidari in August when we go, hope this helps.
thanks teena for info we go in 3wks could you by any chance get the name of the place next to memories were i can get a good rate and i will check it out definatley not getting all my money changed here .do u get charged out there for changing money thanks :sun2
I dont actually know the name, theres about 3 on the strip, they are all the same more or less, the one further up is better, much friendlier, but I guarantee you the rate is so much higher in sidari than back home, last year it was £1.18 back home and we got £1.26 in sidari, so much better, take my word for it its going to be much higher in sidari than back home, it always is, i will ask my friend if she knows the name of the place, but cannot guarantee, but I will try for you.
you get charged not much though, the banks charge you, unless your with nationwide i think, they do a good card so i am told, but you dont get charged a lot, its the same everywhere you go really.
Normally charge 2% commission,always ask for the rate given after commission added. Have heard the rate is very low in St George South...1.10!!! If it is still like that in August,will be changing most of it here before I go!!
yeah its about 2% in sidari i think, my friend txt me last night, its still 1.19 in sidari, so fingers crossed it stays that way until i arrive on 24th august, i hope so!
We just got back on Monday and the exchange rate was 1.17 roughly the same everywhere but they all charge different commision. When the commision was knocked off it worked out that you was getting approx 1.15 to the pound.

Hope this helps and have a great time.
Thanks for the info!! Hope you had a good time in Corfu too!
thanks for the replies 1.15 is ok but hays were offering that so i might just take half and half its good to see people replying been a bit quite this year but on the other hand i'am normally away roll on the 17th august. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.