Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
YESSSSSS jaynesastar call in to Molly Malones on the 17th of March and you will have a night to remember see you there :cheers :cheers colleen
Oooo now where's that and what's goin on there? X
Jayn its just a bar in Calangute and on St Patrick's night everyone goes there it is always great fun very very hot in there so wear something very light and green :rofl if you have it everyone will have green on them on Paddys night :cheers colleen
And everyone drinks coffee, just like Colleen does :rofl
Oooo sounds good I'll take note then ha x
molly molones paddys night the real experience of goa .fantastic.calangute is getting more and more like benidorm every year .south south .ive found a place down south.i wont tell anyone incase a wetherspoons pops up over night.anyone fancy a game of bingo
Alfred, each to ones own and if people enjoy a night in Mollys then its their choice, and their money they are spending, so they can do what they like.
Alfred60... Been down south for 2 days and it was 1 day too many :rofl it was spot the tourist as far as I could see ..went on Bettys boat tours with some lovely friends who go down south now that was very good .. but the best part about it was knowing I was going back up north the next day :rofl colleen
Hi Alfred99 st patricks day is very special to Irish people and Irish people like to celebrate it no matter where they are in the world its our christmas and easter and every other holiday rolled into one :cheers.Im sure your really a bundle of fun at heart :think slan(cheers) and have a great st patricks day :tup
Colleen said
it was spot the tourist as far as I could see

Obviously you had been drinking too much coffee Colleen to see the tourists!

but the best part about it was knowing I was going back up north the next day

Calangute/Baga, or is it Blackpool in disguise?
We were in Molly Malones last year on St Patricks night and had a great time. Lovely to have a bit of a jig to dance off all that lovely food it was the only exercise I got all holiday! Will be there again this year on the 17th can't wait. See you all there x
Calangute/baga nothing like Blackpool,calangute is very busy with Indian tourists thats why we go they are great fun,if I want to see brits I can always stay at home,down south its to quiet IMO but if thats what you like tony good for you :) slan(cheers)
Why would anyone want to go all the way to Goa to drink *deleted Guinness in an even more *deleted Goan Irish pub? Each to their own but Molly's is pure Deleted..... I went there to hear live music which was the worst ever, bottom of the barrel 'Scottish' entertainers who would get thrown of stage back home. There was a really offensive Scottish loudmouth jerk who thought he was being smart by swearing all the time on stage (he is a regular in Goa). At least Blackpool has better music but that still doesn't account for the fact that this place is pure tack, are people so desperate for a touch of 'home'.
  • Edited by Fiona 2010-03-06 12:10:24
    language tidied up
Big Neil is it really necessary to be so rude to people just because they enjoy something that you don't. I am sure you do many things that people on here would think are not within their pleasure dome but we all go on holiday to enjoy ourselves in whatevery way that may be. Have a great night IC. I know where I would rather be and its not a pub in England.
Big Neil is it really necessary to be so rude to people

Who was I rude to? Absolutely no one.

I have not singled anyone out!

The night I was in MM I met quite a few people after this idiot offended people (mainly Scots)... they walked. The entertainment was on par with Goan karaoke.

I found the comments about S Goa inaccurate. 2 days in S Goa to come to that conclusion.
molly malones doesnt sell tins of guiness anymore anyway :rofl
Thank god for that..... where they got them from I don't know.... brewed in a bathtub in Delhi probably.
Beware jigging about in molly malones is lethal ,the place is like a furnace always 20c+ than outside
Big Neil I have to agree with BrenLiz, and i think you were rude

Why would anyone want to go all the way to Goa to drink *deleted* Guinness in an even more *deleted* Goan Irish pub?

I mean was that sentence really necessary in your post??? ... cos I think it was personal!! personal in as far as many members here on HT love MM and being Irish , St Patricks Night is very special to them... and that remark was unpleasant...and unnecesary IMO

... the rest of the post was your opinion, thats fair enough, each to his own .. ....
Chilly ...
  • Edited by Fiona 2010-03-06 12:11:57
    Chilly- had to edit the quote as original is edited now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.