Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Datsun05

I am with you on what I would miss the most. I cannot imagine not going to Goa and things would have to get really bad for me to think about golng somewhere else. In fact in two years it is our life plan to live there for 5 months.

I am beginning to really dislike the UK - I live in the South and have to commute into London every day. Everybody seems very selfish and rude these days. In Goa everyone smiles at you, doesn't seem to care that they don't have the latest gadget. A bit like Britain was when I was a child.

Candybabe
The willingness of the Goan people to make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble (90% of taxi drivers excluded)
I'd miss that feeling of absolute calm that I have all the time I'm there. Nowhere else affects me like that. It's the most stress free chilled out feeling I've ever had and I can't explain why. It comes on the minute I leave the chaos of Dabolim and set off to my hotel. I'd also miss the ever smiling faces and fab food.
Like Sim 1, i think goa is the most relaxed place I have ever been, and I have travelled all over the world. The minute I get there I am such a different person. I totally relax, nothing fazes me, I just love the people,the food, everything about goa just makes me happy.
:D :D :D :D
I'd also miss a big bottle of Kingfisher for around 80p. :glynis
Fosters for me mate , are you buying ??

I agree with all of you
Sim got it spot on :glynis
Pat
i would miss the friendliness of the locals , there is no where else i have been on holiday where a waiter or bar man feel so relaxed sitting and talking to customers the staff from the shacks sit and pass the time of day
people in the street allways smile everything is soo relaxed the only phrase i remember from goa is susigado (excuse sp ) which means go slowly and apparently there is no goan word for hurry no wonder we love the place
Nearly right John, susegado, meaning "relax and live a little" in Konkani. Also another part of it means "why rush today when all of tomorrow is untouched", which I must admit is the Goan style :lol: Apart from the obvious weather, beaches, food etc I would really miss Jacinto, his wife Enna, their two lovely children Ryan and Roselle, spend so many happy times with them. Also the little slum village we always visit with clothes etc for the children in Varca, such humble people, makes me know just how lucky I and a lot of other people in this country really are :!:
The comment about the waitors just sitting down with the crowd chatting etc. That is one of the really good things about Goa. The shack owners will remember you no matter how busy! I was asked a lot about England. My honest answer was mainly ' life isn't as you think it is!'
Yes its the wonderful Goan people that attract us back time and time again.
cheers Lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.