Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
In the Villa de Benidorm restaurant:
"Oooh , this spaghetti tastes just like pasta!"

Really??!! :rofl
I heard a bloke telling anyone who would listen, that the sand on the Levante beach is imported from the sahara desert as the original beach is just pebbles.
:D :D

i once heard somebody say "i wonder if they import food on to this island or grow their own stuff"
in the western saloon bar " is last orders at the bar at 11pm ?" :really
Believe it or not
What day's the sunday market?and
How do you say peseta in spanish?
Heard this last year whilst sat outside the Drop Inn on Calle Londres:

"You've got to get drunk by half ten or you've no chance"

Rather worryingly, I managed to think of something it could relate to.

Have been waiting ages to use that.

Also saw a sign outside a shop, which I photographed, advertising - amongst other items - "frozen water".

Why they couldn't have just put "ice" beats me :que
Frozen water is not as daft as it seems! Its actually bottles of water which are frozen and then gradually melt as the time goes on, brilliant for if your taking a stroll off the beaten track.
a couple of years ago while watching an abba tribute my friend said "ooh I hope they sing Wannadoo" (think about it!!)
While I was in the queue to check in yesterday I was chatting to the family behind me.

The family member that had booked the holiday said she would never go back because it was just like Blackpool but full of Spanish people.

It's in Spain for goodness sake, what does one expect!!! She recommended the Algarve to me because there weren't any Spaniards there. EH? When I owned up to having property there, she said I'm sure SOMEONE would like it there.

I spoke to the daughter later on after check in, when we bumped in to each other in the toilets and she sounded like she'd had a great time. she said her granny always went there in winter and had told her all the good places to go.
Frozen water is not as daft as it seems! Its actually bottles of water which are frozen and then gradually melt as the time goes on, brilliant for if your taking a stroll off the beaten track.

Ah yes. I see what you mean now. Never thought of that.
Just don't forget though, to leave enough room in the bottle for expansion as the water turns to ice...otherwise you could have one almighty explosion in your freezer. ;)

Sanjiiiiiii
Fuzzy Fell,

Although Levante beach is a natural beach, they do expand it apparently in the Summer.

I recently saw this article about people complaining the quality of the sand is not as good as normal :que

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_17096.shtml

But the guy may have still been talking **** :whoops

Mark :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.